3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

BDDL with TS MP-8

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BDDL with TS MP-8

Would it be redundant to buy an MP-8 and run my BDDL on Tow, when I could just go with the Crazy Larry program instead?

I am thinking the adjustability of the MP-8 might be nice, whereas with just the BDDL CL there's none. And would it be possible to make more power with the BDDL Tow + MP-8 cranked up than just the BDDL CL alone? I won't crank them up until I get the 48RE beefed a little, but I plan to do it eventually.

The reason I'm asking is because I can get a used MP-8 pretty cheap right now.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2006, 06:34 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say get it, Dennis at TS said they work very well together, I THINK he said they were makin around 485 with the mp8 and bd on extreme, not CL.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:57 PM

Thanks for the reply Wap, I think I'll pick it up. If anything I'll use it to dial-a-blackout (I've heard they will really dump fuel)

Does anyone know at what point the BDDL starts increasing pressure? Is it Extreme or just the Crazy Larry?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:48 PM

I have a di pricol rail gauge and I see NO added pressure on any of the bd settings... Even on Crazy Larry.

The only way I can get more pressure is from my mp-8. Others have had the same experience as me. A buddy has a SPA gauge and he doesn't see any added pressure on Crazy Larry either.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Banned

I turned my MP8 to 100% once...threw a check engine light.

My buddy cranked his up once...truck kept pulling til he turned the **** down.

TS says they are old programming and need new software.

I had an EZ with no complaints. If i get a pressure box again, it will be an EZ or an XZT with timing delete to be different. just my opinion.

I will have 2 MP8's with brand new software to get rid of after i get them flashed...hate to see anything go though...i like having a pile of parts
Old 11-29-2006, 04:51 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BTW dont turn the mp8 over about 50%, too much pressure, well for me anyway, however tst on 6/2 and mp8 on 100% is smokey.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:25 PM

Thanks guys, I just thought I've read somewhere that the BDDL increases pressure on the higher settings, thats good to know that it doesn't. And thanks for the tip Wap.

Luken, so you like the MP-8? I believe I've read a post from you before that you dynoed the MP-8 and BDDL, and made pretty close to the same power as those two with the TST... in that case the BDDL and MP-8 sounds like a good combo.

973604x4, maybe if you get your MP-8s back with the flash and are looking to sell one, shoot me an email. The guy I was looking to get this one from may have sold it already.

Boy I'm glad I found DTR but the spending is going to start getting out of hand, I can just tell
Old 11-29-2006, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by supercharged_hp
I just thought I've read somewhere that the BDDL increases pressure on the higher settings, thats good to know that it doesn't.
Some people would like for you to think that. P.S. It is a strong selling point if your selling a downloader that doesn't do pressure to a guy that has been told that the bully dog does... LOL

Originally Posted by supercharged_hp
Luken, so you like the MP-8? I believe I've read a post from you before that you dynoed the MP-8 and BDDL, and made pretty close to the same power as those two with the TST... in that case the BDDL and MP-8 sounds like a good combo.
I love the mp-8 for a couple of reasons.

1. It gets the turbo spooled up ALOT quicker.

2. I didn't know before I got the gauge but with it turned up to where it will hit 26,000psi WOT it will hold the rail pressure alot longer before it crashes. That is a VERY helpful tip in making the most power out of a stock cp3.

I have never dyno'd the truck with the mp-8. I've only been on the dyno with the tst/bully dog.

I made 7 runs with that combo and they were all within 640hp-660hp. The tq varied alot from run to run.

The real kicker was I put the tq management back on and it hit the same peak tq. It just came later on in the rpm's.

We forgot and left the mp-8 off on the dyno. I was told it wouldn't have helped peak hp but after watching the rail gauge I now disagree. I think I could've added more.

Ever since I loaded the Smarty on my truck it has been screwed up and I can't run the tst stacked with anything because I get timing rattle. When I get that fixed I am getting back on the dyno with tst/crazy larry/mp-8 to find the max with the stock cp3... Then we are putting my modified cp3 on and see exactly how much it adds Then come the flux injectors

Sorry for the long-winded post.