3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bddl and juice comparison and question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Bddl and juice comparison and question...

How does the bullydog downloader compare to the edge juice on their highest settings on a dyno? Not the crazy larry or the hot juice just the regular? I had the edge juice for about 6 weeks before it started acting up and it ran great. Cool temps and great lowend power. I sent it back to edge to get fixed and ordered up a downloader to try out. On the xtreme setting there is not much power below 2000rpms compared to the juice. From 2000 rpm on up it makes great power . Where i am unsatisfied with the bddl is driving down the freeway at 65 and rolling on throttle in 4th locked up. Its weak and wants to down shift to 3rd. The juice would just go. Anyway my juice should be back tom. Do i dare try stacking them? I was thinking the bddl on tow and the juice on level 3 or 4. Has anyone stacked these 2 and how did it turn out? I am worried about to much duration. For those of you that have the bddl what kind of temps do you get running the extreme file (130hp) ? Mine from 0 to 80 mph wide open it barely gets to 1200 degrees. You would think it would make more heat than that. I had one(bddl) on my 04.5 6 speed with an exhaust and intake and i could get to 1400 pretty easy on the xtreme file. Did they change the file that much from 04.5 to 05 ?Thanks!
Old 09-15-2005, 05:52 PM

Surely someone has dynoed the bbdl against the juice??? Anyone? I would love to see some results. Thanks
Old 09-15-2005, 06:12 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to see that too. I would also like to see hot juice against crazy larry. As for the bd not having good low end, I have heard that a lot, that the bd are more for wot type stuff, just lettin you know I think thats pretty normal
Old 09-15-2005, 06:18 PM

I installed the pyro post turbo, because I was a little afraid of drilling into the manifold and have any steel that falls down go thru the turbo. But I can reach 1050 easy then it defuels on extreme level. Should I set the defuel level higher? I love the outlook tho once I got it installed properly.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:25 PM

I've had and tried all of them

I've had the reg. Juice, the BDDL, the HOT Juice and the CLDL,..also throw in an EZ. It depends on what you want and are willing to spend to support what your going after. For instance. To date,...the best power and times I've had is with the reg. Juice and EZ stacked. Now keep in mind that's with everyting you see in my sig. If you don't want to upgrade your turbo but have done everything else I've got listed including tranny upgrade then the Juice/EZ will be hard to beat and you can run both stacked with everything on the highest levels and you won't be running too hot. The BDDL by itself will not run with the reg. Juice/EZ stack. The BDDL with the EZ was dissappointing for me and my setup as it is now. I had my Juice pumped up to the HOT Juice and it didn't run as well as the reg. Juice/EZ stack by a full second in the 1/4. The reason in my opinion was not that anything is wrong with the HOT but rather I haven't upgraded my turbo yet and it's just too much for the stock huffer. The same is true with the CLDL,...I"m sure it will be much improved when I finally get my twins. I've got a set coming from Olee Poole and then I will be equipped to put enough air with all that fuel. Now that is real life testing and what I've seen with these units. Hope that helps.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OT-OF-Here

My current configuration is in my sig. With this combo HOT Juice 180hp/EZ level 3 dyno'd 475rwhp. Runs consistent 13.8s 1/4 with 1.96s 60'. I have the BD Triple Dog with the CL update. I am going to try the BD CL this weekend. I plan on disconnecting the EZ, setting Hot Juice to stock level and loading the BD CL. Then I will try it alone. What combo of program download and Juice levels did you try. I don't think with the CL that I can use more than level 1(60hp) with the BD CL loaded. I was thinking of leaving the HOT Juice on stock and connecting the EZ on level 1 and see what happens.

What combos would you try. The II SPS66 turbo is pretty stout and seems to handle all the fuel the Hot Juice and EZ can throw at it.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:29 AM

Hot Juice/EZ

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
OT-OF-Here

My current configuration is in my sig. With this combo HOT Juice 180hp/EZ level 3 dyno'd 475rwhp. Runs consistent 13.8s 1/4 with 1.96s 60'. I have the BD Triple Dog with the CL update. I am going to try the BD CL this weekend. I plan on disconnecting the EZ, setting Hot Juice to stock level and loading the BD CL. Then I will try it alone. What combo of program download and Juice levels did you try. I don't think with the CL that I can use more than level 1(60hp) with the BD CL loaded. I was thinking of leaving the HOT Juice on stock and connecting the EZ on level 1 and see what happens.

What combos would you try. The II SPS66 turbo is pretty stout and seems to handle all the fuel the Hot Juice and EZ can throw at it.
RWB4,

You validated my point,..the real difference between us is the SPS66. With the Reg Juice/EZ turned up on both I ran 14.1. With the HOT/EZ turned up I went 15.0!! It's got to be the huffer which makes the difference. I put out sooooo much smoke that I killed every mosquito within two states. The stacks eluded to above were run in every imaginable setup. I have a friend running the TST/EZ stack and also has the SPS66 and he's very happy. In everyday street driving it's a bit slower away from the lights, but if you want to get it and power brake to say 10 or 12lbs of boost then your a very happy camper. It's very streetable,...don't want to mislead in my comment. The twins setup I'm doing should remove all my problems and then I'll see what these different combos will do for me on a drive n' tune day at the track.