3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bd Triple Dog Ver 2.4.2

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried a number of times to download 2.4.2, but it alway hung up and had to revert to recovery mode. Stick with the 2.4.1. I did notice that the 2.4.2 allowed the user to change rev limiter.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:14 PM

i noticed that too but wondered if it had always been there and i was just on auto pilot when downloading and did'nt notice. my update agent now says i'm up to date and what really matters is that when i plug in my td says 'crazy larry edition'!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:16 PM

we shouldn't have to pay for a beta file right?...
Old 11-11-2007, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by 05dodgezilla
we shouldn't have to pay for a beta file right?...
i would think the $40 thing would be for when the new cl tunes are available for everyone as a normal download.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Muted User

aren't you guys getting a little ahead of yourselves worrying about the $40.00?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jfaulkner
aren't you guys getting a little ahead of yourselves worrying about the $40.00?
it's not about the $40- it's just a combination of looking forward to what are supposed to be some awesome scary larry like tunes for our td's plus a little bit of worry about epa and carb enforcement making our power mods weak and 'environmentally friendly'.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by chipmonk
it's not about the $40- it's just a combination of looking forward to what are supposed to be some awesome scary larry like tunes for our td's plus a little bit of worry about epa and carb enforcement making our power mods weak and 'environmentally friendly'.
Yes but until you see a place to enter your credit card # on the website it's all rumor and speculation.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jfaulkner
Yes but until you see a place to enter your credit card # on the website it's all rumor and speculation.
no, actually it is fact according to bully dog themselves. they say having someone pay a small fee stands up better in court when you're trying to convince the court that you're providing race only tunes that are not epa, carb compliant. they say it will only be for crazy larry and not for regular downloads and updates.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:56 AM

I hope this straightens things out for now. This is from my boss and one of the owners of Bully Dog:

Dear Bully Dog Customers:

We appreciate your interest and support of Bully Dog. We love putting smiles on our customer's faces and getting the full potential out of a vehicle. We also like to have fun with our vehicles, but we need to make sure that our Crazy Larry tune is only used for racing. Starting soon we will be requiring that customers that download our Crazy Larry tune provide the racing facility where they will be using this tune and again we stress that this tune is to be used for racing purposes only. We are also requiring that a one-time fee of $39.99 per device be assessed.

Why are we doing this? We are the last ones that want to limit a driver on how they use their vehicle. However we are taking a proactive approach to an issue that we believe is developing. Many government agencies are in the initial stages of looking at the performance industry. We want to ensure that we can continue to provide our customers with performance and the economy that they are looking for as well as the excitement of horsepower and torque. We have always been emissions conscience and have done emission testing on all of our products. For every dollar that we collect from the sale of the Crazy Larry tune we will put that money back into Crazy Larry development for the new vehicles on the block.

Bully Dog Technologies

I will let you know when this will happen as soon as I know when, but is is comming down the line.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Banned

One thing to remember is edge is $100 and ppe is something to the sort for there hot tunes to get upgraded. Bully dog has been the best for free race tunes, you need to have upgrades to your truck to run cl with out blowing up stuff. If you have the money to upgrade your truck you can spend $40 for the tune. Come on guys thats actually really cheap, be glad its not going to be more than that, as for the update agent yes the pop up is a pain but create another user account on your computer download it on that user then when you want to use it go to that user. That will keep you happy not having to worry about the pop ups and the agent downloading upgrades.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by KMKDiesel
One thing to remember is edge is $100 and ppe is something to the sort for there hot tunes to get upgraded. Bully dog has been the best for free race tunes, you need to have upgrades to your truck to run cl with out blowing up stuff. If you have the money to upgrade your truck you can spend $40 for the tune. Come on guys thats actually really cheap, be glad its not going to be more than that, as for the update agent yes the pop up is a pain but create another user account on your computer download it on that user then when you want to use it go to that user. That will keep you happy not having to worry about the pop ups and the agent downloading upgrades.
I agree, and Bullydog is being proactive rather than reactive and I for one support their reasons and want to thank Bud for sharing them with us... For the pop up thing I just went to the Windows "Start"/"all programs"/"startup" and removed the update agent and put it on my desktop. That way it doesn't run when windows starts. Now I choose when to run it...
Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 PM

We need to get proactive on the govt's side. We vote for these people, these institutions are for the public. Watch out and you won't be able to do anything anymore. Just moved to Cali- and my truck is basically illegal for just having a cone filter, let alone the rest of the mods.