3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

BD top speed eliminator?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BD top speed eliminator?

Does anyone know the specifics on this product? I emailed BD a long time ago and never received a response? Does it just remove the top speed limiter or does it address other defuleing events a s well? There is a seperate product listed for 03's that removes "torque management" but it does not really state if either one of their products does exactley for an 04?????

Thanks all...
Old 04-28-2005, 11:01 PM

It's my understanding that "BD's top speed eliminator" over rides the computers "torque management" and also removes the "speed limiter". Don't know if it alters the defueling.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:14 AM

Big Bob,

Is that just what you derived from the write up on the web or?

Torque management is defueling???

I would probably still get it just to remove the top speed limiter...but it would be nice if it fixed the defueling while trying to spool boost at a stop...and the upper rpm defueling too.

Maybe Don M can elaborate the different defuelings again for us...can't find the old post. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by cquestad
Big Bob,

Is that just what you derived from the write up on the web or?

Torque management is defueling???

I would probably still get it just to remove the top speed limiter...but it would be nice if it fixed the defueling while trying to spool boost at a stop...and the upper rpm defueling too.

Maybe Don M can elaborate the different defuelings again for us...can't find the old post. Thanks!

It definately stops defueling at low rpms, I just don't know about the higher rpms. I talked with Pat at BD about it. Forgot to ask about high rpms.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:22 AM

From experience at using the device, the first to second gear shift no logner drops off, the torque management is gone. The speed eliminator I can not say to much about. I haven't been able to really open her up. Plus I am not real keen on driving that fast with 315's. But if you are having the defuleing from the first to second shift, the BD Rad 2 is a must.
I have had it on for a month or so and have only used it at the drag strip twice and both times the truck launched awesome. Kyle at Extremedieselperformance.net can give you a good deal on the Rad 2, I know I did.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:01 PM

Big Bob...

Are you personally running the device? I am getting conflicting info. Kyle @ Extreme called BD for me and the said there is no torque management/defueling on 04 and newer and that the RAD would only eliminate the top speed limiter and also allow the motor to rev higher????

I really would like to get to the bottom of this...

Personally...it seems like the truck has a difficult time building boost when it i not moving (a launch) and that is defuels briefly a little somewhere through the RPM range.

Don M...where are you? I can't find the post where you discussed the defueling characteristics of the truck.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:45 PM

I had also talked to people at BD and I had heard the same thing about trucks newer then mine. I had heard that the last year for the torque management was the 03's. But if you all with the nwer trucks are experienceing the defueling from the first to second shift, then maybe it is still there. One way to find out, some one with a newer truck then mine try one out and see if it fixes it. You never know you maybe helping someone else out. All you do is cut two wires and splice into them, then find a power source, whihc most of uas have power to the guage controls under out dashes and such. If I did not like mine, I would try to find some one's truck in my area that we could experiment with.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:48 PM

Originally posted by cquestad
Big Bob...

Are you personally running the device? I am getting conflicting info. Kyle @ Extreme called BD for me and the said there is no torque management/defueling on 04 and newer and that the RAD would only eliminate the top speed limiter and also allow the motor to rev higher????

I really would like to get to the bottom of this...

Personally...it seems like the truck has a difficult time building boost when it i not moving (a launch) and that is defuels briefly a little somewhere through the RPM range.

Don M...where are you? I can't find the post where you discussed the defueling characteristics of the truck.
No, I'm not running the device. Pat at BD told me that is the way it worked on the 555 engines.

However, having said that, I just found out that some information he gave me on another produce was false. So now I don't know what to believe. Maybe I should call and talk to Brian or Christian.