3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

bbi 1 or 1.5's

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bbi 1 or 1.5's

I'm not on here to start another injector battle thread.
I know I want BBI's, just not sure which ones.
I am talking to... and asking of the ones who have had experience with BBI's.
I'm on the fence about which ones. Pretend like I have a Fleece 750 CP3 pump. If I get stage ones, will I really be knocking on 700's door? Or should I kill it with the stage 1.5's and dial back my fuel if need be? I just don't want to leave anything on the table, but don't want to choke on the 1.5's if they're too much for me. It's just 36 bills for them. I only get one chance to buy them. Wanna get what's best the first time.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dustin Dotson
I am talking to... and asking of the ones who have had experience with BBI's.
i dont think you will get too many responses if you narrow down your replies to that criteria.
if you are willing to pay that much for injectors, then i see no reason why you cant get EFI live. you get EFI and a good tuner will be able to dial your injectors in to fit your other mods. the 1.5 will prob haze and thats just the way it is.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:57 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you stick with the smarty then you will smoke a good amount with the 1.5's.

I agree with above, get the 1.5's and tune with EFI live to get what you want.

I do not see you getting 700 with your current turbo unless you want 1600* plus egts and melted pistons.

Good luck with your injector choice either way and be one of the few to report here on the BBI injectors.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:05 PM

Just got off the phone with Dylan at Smarty. My new 1.5's are on their way. I will follow up on my experience. I'm more than likely running Smarty's UDC programming. I really wish I had a set of rollers the strap this thing to!
Old 04-30-2016, 10:04 PM
"Swole It like ya Stole It"

1.5 and don't look back!