3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Banks six gun with pda...pressure\timing\duration

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banks six gun with pda...pressure\timing\duration

I have a 06 that I am looking into bombing slightly, I had a banks big hoss on my 02 and was pleased with it. I have been looking into the new six gun with the pda option. What has me worried about the banks box is the pressure part of it. I like all the safe guards on the banks product, and I don't mind paying for them, I know there are cheaper performace upgrades out there but just not to my likeing. So what are the draw backs to the pressure, I believe it doesn't raise the pressure past its max setting, so is there any danger? Any info would be appreciated. Please no banks bashing, just want some facts on the pressure aspect of the box. Thanks
Old 02-06-2006, 10:40 PM

the six gun tuner with pda runs at 24,000 psi on level 1-5.and on level 6 Increases pressure 27,000 psi that Is the max pressure for the fuel system and Is safe.I have tried 4 boxes on my 05 and the six gun Is the unit that I kept.The box Is already stack and makes lots of power with less smoke but if want smoke 5+6 will do a great job.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:23 PM

what is stock pressure?
Old 02-06-2006, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
27k would give me pause. they claim it is safe. Does it do any duration? I was under the impression it was a timing/pressure?

I just think the price is too high to justify it over the juice is why I did not give it more consideration. the juice does everthing the banks does but only uses timing and duation. the normal model does a few less hp but your tranny won't like level 6 anyway.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:48 AM

The guy I talked to at banks said it did all 3 but I don't know for sure. I really like the edge, but like all the safety features of the banks.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:29 AM

I have the banks, like the safety features, the powers ok (I want more), and Im wondering "does the pda acutally add any power increase, or is it just for looks"? Shoot I need to know this before I sell my banks and get the juice w/ attitude!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lrdchaos
The guy I talked to at banks said it did all 3 but I don't know for sure. I really like the edge, but like all the safety features of the banks.

The banks does nothing saftey wise the juice with attitude does not that I can see. they both defuel on boost, trans slip, and egt. they both offer cold engine proteciton. which was the main reason I was comparign the two as I wanted this. I found no advantage either way here.

the advantage of the power pda is trouble code reading and it is a pda. I am not a pda user so this was not an advantage to me. I prefer a real PC to pda so I don't use them much. I liked the idea of the trouble code reading but did not like the look of the pda mounted off the dash. I liked the size of the attitude monitor better. more mounting options. so to it was advantage edge here but some will like the pda.

cost advantage was edge. I paid $630+$49 for my over the mirror pod.

I did some more reading and it sounds the power pda option makes the 6gun a timing/pressure/duration which they claim to be a banks exclusize but I do belive the quad boxes do this so I think that is BS on thier part. I know the 03-04 juice does all three. the 04.5+ like I have is timing and duration only though which I actually liked as there some speculation that added rail pressure may lead to pre-mature injector failure but that is not 100% proven but there are a ton of threads to search on it. the downside to a timing/duration/pressure box that they don't really stack if you decide you want more down th road. you may not care about this though.

also there website literature is kind lumped together for all three brands so the HP is state it at 155hp (which sound decent) but I have hard time buying there are no variation between platform (chevy, ford, dodge) and year fo the platform ie 03-04 on the dodge and 04.5+. I would call them with you exact year and see what they say.

you have to remeber that a stock clutch/stock auto tranny is not going to safely handle even the 126hp of the normal banks six gun with speedloader even without th pda option. so even though the juice is only 100hp that is about all you would want to run until you spend money elsewhere.

I am not really pro edge or anti banks in any way I just was having a hard time justifiying the cost of the banks when i was looking. Many people on this site I kind of one way or the other. they think banks is gods gift or think it completely sucks. I just thought it a tad expensive. Now had I been shoppiong for a PDA and a module at the same time I proably would have a banks.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by BossHogg
I have the banks, like the safety features, the powers ok (I want more), and Im wondering "does the pda acutally add any power increase, or is it just for looks"? Shoot I need to know this before I sell my banks and get the juice w/ attitude!
they claim more power on there site. up to 155hp.

http://www.bankspower.com/pda.cfm

as you can see though that is generic literature.

having an 04 as you do they juice with attitude and banks power pda feature wise sound equivelent. potenital 150hp and they both do timing/duration/pressure

If you really want power though i would go TST stacked with a presure box.

Now the person that started the thread has the 06 so his juice could be stacked with a presure box giving the juice more power potential than the banks.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:57 AM

Thanks for the information..... It will help with my purchase of a performance box.