3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Banks Six Gun

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by gdh11
Pull out RANT box.

Not to hijack the thread since this is about Banks which I will order if they ever get them available. I canceled my order on a TST box in early January since I was told origanally it would be a 1st week of January ship and that came and went with an excuse which is still posted on the TST website. Not to disrespect or doubt what anyone is saying here but I would like to know which geenie sold a TST box when TST is not even selling them...unless you work for TST. I am also wondering when all of the performance companies are going to start running up production of their units and stop trying to get a feel of the market with taking "pre-orders". Stop with the empty promises and running your mouths about backordering and empty promises. The performance in my truck will not see any improvement with a promise to put something in six months from now. Also lots of people munching off about how much power the box provides but none saying what other products work well or not with the new boxes, i.e. propane testing, injector testing, which exhaust, and airbox works best, etc. So far just a lot of talk and I also have not seen any dyno sheets either unless I am missing something. I want to order a box, not a promise to provide a box. I will gladly sell you a performance box Tuesday for an order today. You got to be kidding. Just my humble opinoin.
I feel your pain,lol.Maybe not as acute here though.Hey,check out tsperformanceproducts.com they have a new module that gives different increases in tq and hp for the h.o and s.o. motors,and i heard this was a box you can actually hold in your hand in 3-4 days!!!!!!!!!!Mark
Old 02-03-2004, 05:53 PM

GDH11, Shipment of the TST box was stopped because a faulty wireing harness threw a code. So far every box out for the 03 Common Rail trucks has been trowing codes... even the boxes that just raise fuel pressure. TST will not release its box unless they are %100 shure that they have fixed the problem. I'm shure there are many out there that are disturbed that shipping had to be delayed and I am shure there have been lots of cancelations. But you have to respect how hard Mark Chappel has worked to relase a perfect product that no one else has. Like I said earlier this box will flood the market very shortly and those who waited will have the most powerful, safe, adjustible, pulse width and timing box out there.

Horace
Old 02-03-2004, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by Battering Ram
GDH11, Shipment of the TST box was stopped because a faulty wireing harness threw a code. So far every box out for the 03 Common Rail trucks has been trowing codes... even the boxes that just raise fuel pressure. TST will not release its box unless they are %100 shure that they have fixed the problem. I'm shure there are many out there that are disturbed that shipping had to be delayed and I am shure there have been lots of cancelations. But you have to respect how hard Mark Chappel has worked to relase a perfect product that no one else has. Like I said earlier this box will flood the market very shortly and those who waited will have the most powerful, safe, adjustible, pulse width and timing box out there.

Horace
I hope you are right,Horace.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:25 PM

I hope you don't think I am bashing just to bash, I am bashing the way all of these guys (TST, Banks, and Edge) are doing business.
Don't worry... like I said earlier I know where you are comming from. They knew that when they made the decision to hold on shipping there box that they would loose some customers. But instead of shipping out hundreds of boxes and having complaints from 1/10 about a code being thrown. They decided to wait to make shure it is perfect. Banks is taking orders before they release there box, but TST never meant to. The main thing here is RESURCH... just like you said. Soon the TST box will be out there to the masses and its results will sell itself.

The propane thing is an entirely different subject... If I was you I would definantly start a thread on propane to do some resurch. There is a reason they and probably no one else will test with propane.

Horace
Old 02-03-2004, 07:28 PM

wow,
you got a bit of a point,
but ,
wow

anyway,
more about the six gun and the TST box now that some people have em

test them babys out
and dont just tell us "well, It feels good"
Old 02-04-2004, 12:46 AM

The reason that TST took orders because it was working great so they started taking orders. Then the wiring harness were made up wrong and they also found out that it needed a certain diode that happened at the last moment.About how it runs,on power setting 6 and TQ# 3 it came on so strong it took me by suprise!The lower settings are usable but anything above HP#4 and TQ#4 wont be usable for towing. Trust me at the lower settings it ran WAY! better than my edge pressure box did on setting 4.I am going to have to get the tranny upgraded big time to get to the upper settings.I plan on doing that very soon.

John
Floor IT Diesel Performance
Old 02-04-2004, 01:50 AM

Just a note about Propane, it is the same as adding more fuel,More fuel=more EGT's.If you have more fuel than stock you could use it to clean up the smoke, but do not try to make HP with it.Pistons like to melt pretty easy with it!Want more HP put a little nitrous on it.if you go to much it just snuffs out the fire in the cylinder.Not the same is true on a gasser!
Old 02-04-2004, 06:38 AM

... So far every box out for the 03 Common Rail trucks has been trowing codes...

Horace
Battering Ram,
Not to disagree with you but . . . I have had my 0-60-100 Volumizer on now for 2 weeks (> 500 miles) and not one code.

The Boss Hog
(now where did I leave my helmet? . . . )
Old 02-04-2004, 09:14 AM

We can talk all day about marketing decisions, time to delivery, etc. My comments are strictly aimed at the technologies themselves. I would expect Banks to do a good job of what they attempted. They attempted pressure, timing and slip detection and while I'm sure the power comes in smooth, the box does its job well, and all of that, its still a pressure box and I'm a "no pressure for me thank-you" guy. Banks is out to make money just like TST is, and the market they take aim at doesnt' satisfy my goals. but thats just me.

I'm not out to slam a box on my truck tomorow so all this market timing talk is largely irrelavent to me at this point. I know how new products sometimes come to market and TST hasn't made any empty promises in my opinion. so they got bit by a surprise in the first production run, or the wiring harness supplier or whatever. stuff happens.

now then, If one of the duration/timing boxes actually hits the street in production quantities and gets a noticably larger market exposure before the other, then we can start talking about R&D efficiency.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:34 PM

Originally posted by The Boss Hog
Battering Ram,
Not to disagree with you but . . . I have had my 0-60-100 Volumizer on now for 2 weeks (> 500 miles) and not one code.

I hope you don't have a problem with it... I have been reading the other thread strictly on the Volumizer. DTR member fanofthewolf seems to like it, but he still threw a code in just 3 weeks. This box is still just a pressure/timing box and not a timing/duration box such as the Banks and TST.

Horace
Old 02-05-2004, 12:49 AM

This box [Volumizer] is still just a pressure/timing box and not a timing/duration box such as the Banks and TST.
The Banks is a pressure/timing box as well. Currently, only TST has a timing/duration box.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:07 AM

The Banks is a pressure/timing box as well. Currently, only TST has a timing/duration box.
The Banks box does do duration. It is a pressure/timing/duration box.

Horace
Old 02-05-2004, 02:53 AM

The Banks box does do duration. It is a pressure/timing/duration box.

Horace
Nope. Banks is pressure and timing only.

Quick Reply: Banks Six Gun