3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

BANKS parts for CTD

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the Banks stuff and I'm happy with it. If you'd like more info let me know. I've also had great experience with the Banks tech staff.

I'm pretty sure I'll be chastised shortly after posting this, but I'd like to see some real, hard numbers. I'd like to see one truck taken and dyno'd with a Banks Six Gun w/ Speedloader and PDA and then the same truck dyno'd with the Smarty.

That's what every body says is the selling point and I'd like to see it. The Banks Six Gun w/ Speed Loader and PDA is about $1200. A Smarty w/ PoD, Pricol EGT gauge and Pricol Boost gauge will run you about $40 cheaper. If it's an A/T equipped truck, then the Smarty w/ gauges cost exceeds that of the Banks.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:47 PM
tcr

"I'm pretty sure I'll be chastised shortly after posting this, but I'd like to see some real, hard numbers. I'd like to see one truck taken and dyno'd with a Banks Six Gun w/ Speedloader and PDA and then the same truck dyno'd with the Smarty."

I didn't have the PDA, but I can assure you, you don't want to see the results if your a Banks fan. I'd really rather not have to dig them out cause I'm that lazy and everyone knows the results......but if you want to look bad, let me know????? 376/721ish-Banks 439/920ish-Smarty
Old 11-12-2008, 07:34 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OOOOOhhhh YEAHHHH.... I can answer that one.

So OK I did not have the PDA... Banks six-gun (with speedloader) on level six got me to 288 RWHP. (remember I have a 235hp engine)

Smarty beta 4.2 got me to 408 rwhp. Smarty Beta 4.2 with six-gun on level 6 stacked got me 449 rwhp.

You keep Banks and all the Big Hoss hardware that goes with it and I'll take Smarty on otherwise Bone stock truck and I guarantee I will beat you like a red-headed step child 10 out of 10 races... No question about it...
Ask anybody who has had Banks and then Smarty which one rules.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Banks is the lowest performance fueling box/tuner on the market period.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:53 AM

what about banks hardware products like the high ram or the ram air kit? are these worthless? i bought them cause the high ram was relatively cheap and the stock bonnet looks like crap. after dealing with turbo cars you get to realize how important a bonnet is. also i bought the ram air cause it really seemed to be the best on the market for providing cool dense air to the engine? also he does make an all out race intake manifold that looks pretty wild.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:46 AM

Its not apples to apples but years back I sold a LOT of Banks Stage 3 kits for 12 valves.Everything fit like a glove and safe h.p. increase for the general public.Gauges/exhaust/turbo housing/fueling plates etc.all in one box and the support I got was top notch.I priced doing it in pieces using other vendors and it was about a $50 buck savings.Not worth the hassle.Plus customers came in,saw the Banks literature and wanted it by name.I sold Stage 3 kits and if the customer wanted less and in pieces of other vendors I would not get involved for several reasons.Techs LIKED installing the Banks stuff cause it fit so well and woke those 12 valves up.Those SAFTEY features are great for the older retiree's that RV and don't have a clue about egts/melted pistons and what other damage h.p. increases can do.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by BrokeSolid
what about banks hardware products like the high ram or the ram air kit? are these worthless? i bought them cause the high ram was relatively cheap and the stock bonnet looks like crap. after dealing with turbo cars you get to realize how important a bonnet is. also i bought the ram air cause it really seemed to be the best on the market for providing cool dense air to the engine? also he does me an all out race intake manifold that looks pretty wild.
Banks' hardware are good in quality from what I've owned (technicooler, High-Ram), I just think their prices are out of line in most cases.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:48 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

The technicooler is actually one of their better priced/performing units. I wouldn't shy from that unit. The highram is a little different story though... there are other units dyno proven better at the same price or cheaper.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by soulezoo
The technicooler is actually one of their better priced/performing units. I wouldn't shy from that unit. The highram is a little different story though... there are other units dyno proven better at the same price or cheaper.
just out of curiousity is there anywhere that compares bonnets? i only paid just over 200 for my high ram, but i can gladly take it back since it's not on my truck yet.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Originally Posted by BrokeSolid
just out of curiousity is there anywhere that compares bonnets? i only paid just over 200 for my high ram, but i can gladly take it back since it's not on my truck yet.
Yes, Left Coast Diesel did a dyno test of several units a while back and you can view those results on their website. The CFM+ showed the most gain. The Glacier Diesel unit was close behind and is lower priced and not plastic.