3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bank's Hi-Ram

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Bank's Hi-Ram

well Hi-ram was installed today. Just a few things I noticed. It is definitely louder than stock, EGT's went down by about 50 degrees, and low-end power is a little better. If you have $400 laying around I would recomend it. Plus it looks really cool.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:30 AM

What year truck do you have and do you have any pics? Banks told me they were not done with the one for the 2004.5 truck yet..This was about 3 weeks ago.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Banned

incase anyone would like more info ,here is a new thread on this product

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=51130
Old 09-18-2004, 08:47 PM

I noticed the other day that the stock (low ram?) piece was incredibly hot an hour after shutdown as it sits right over the top of the manifold. Seems to me that you about lose your gain from the intercooler by that piece transferring so much heat to the post-intercooled air. Do you guys think there is any gain to be had by using some header wrap on that deal?
Old 09-18-2004, 08:59 PM

Originally posted by Strjock81
I noticed the other day that the stock (low ram?) piece was incredibly hot an hour after shutdown as it sits right over the top of the manifold. Seems to me that you about lose your gain from the intercooler by that piece transferring so much heat to the post-intercooled air. Do you guys think there is any gain to be had by using some header wrap on that deal?
Wouldn't the header wrap keep the heat trapped in the intake ram? The underhood air is what is keeping it cool (relative term) from the metal to metal contact of the manifold and intake ram. Plus I have heard that header wrap can trap moisture and cause problems with corrosion. Just me thinking...

Pat
Old 09-18-2004, 09:53 PM

My thinking was that header wrap would provide a buffer zone between the intercooled air and the heat baking off the manifold. It would not trap the heat in because the bulk of the heat would not be getting through the header wrap. i think it would take a decently thick application of wrap to offset the high heat vs. the "cool" air from the intercooler, but no, it could not possibly trap in more heat than would already be there from the manifold in a "naked" application like we see stock. I have not taken that ram off to see for sure but it is cast and would surprise me if it rusted in the time period I will own this truck. It will have 250,000+ on it before it is paid for! You know, for a business owner, these low interest rates are da Edit

Please reacquaint yourself with the rules, specifically about posting profanity Admin
Old 09-18-2004, 11:16 PM

Re: Bank's Hi-Ram

Originally posted by hialtitude
well Hi-ram was installed today. Just a few things I noticed. It is definitely louder than stock, EGT's went down by about 50 degrees, and low-end power is a little better. If you have $400 laying around I would recomend it. Plus it looks really cool.
Maybe it's just me, but yousaid you paid $400 for the Banks High Ram If that is all you got then you really got ripped You can get it dirrectly from Banks for $195. I can get it for about $165. I would take it back real quick
Old 09-19-2004, 02:40 AM

Actually its 309 from banks....not 195.00
Old 09-19-2004, 04:58 PM

$400 was including labor and freight. I paid $305 for the hi-ram. Maybe you could pick me up a monster exhaust for $300 since you have connections.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:48 AM

OOPs, my bad He had so many things listed. The $195 was actually for the Big Head Waste Gate The exhaust will cost yo about $600 plus shipping.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:49 AM

Any advantages of the Big Head Wastegate? It's something else I was looking at getting from them.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by Bubba_CTD
Any advantages of the Big Head Wastegate? It's something else I was looking at getting from them.
The High Ram helps smooth out air flow into the engine which some notice a deal deal of improvement. The Big Head actuator increases the seat pressure of the waste gate and increases the boost pressure at which it opens. The advantage ofhte Big Head is the control of the waste gate at the higher boost pressures.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:56 PM

Originally posted by gdh11
Bubba,

I run one of those Big Head Wastegates from Banks and I can't tell you what it does other than keep the EGTs lower. In fact I think I bought it from CarNut. I like it but other than lowering EGTs I am not sure what else it actually does? I like it though.

How much less? Do you have a boost gauge? If so, how much more boost do you get?
Old 09-21-2004, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by gdh11
Bubba,

I run one of those Big Head Wastegates from Banks and I can't tell you what it does other than keep the EGTs lower. In fact I think I bought it from CarNut. I like it but other than lowering EGTs I am not sure what else it actually does? I like it though.

CarNut,

Can you PM me with pricing for a High Ram and tell me if you think it is worth it? I am doing tranny mods soon and want to add some more power after that work is done.
On Ebay the High Ram is 290 plus shipping.

Quick Reply: Bank's Hi-Ram