3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Banks 6-gun Tranny Slippage

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banks 6-gun Tranny Slippage

Anybody Else Having A Problem With Pda Picking Up Slippage In Lockup? According To Banks Tech, Its The Dodge Vehicles Only...
Being Theres No Input Or Output Speed Sensors On The 47 Or 48 Re, How The Hell Can It Sense Slip, Unless Its Comparing Crank Sensor Signal To Rpm In Lockup?
Anyone Have An Idea Or Fix. Im Gonna Chuck The 6 Gunner Out The **** Window And Go Back To Bullydog...
Old 07-25-2006, 10:23 AM

I have the 6 gun also, and when you are in lockup and WOT, do you feel it surging like power on for a couple secs, then power off for a couple of secs? If this is wht you are talking about then yes, I have the saem thing with my truck.

I am gonna sell the six gun once I get my SMARTY, and prolly will take that money and buy a TST to go with the SMARTY as that is what Bob said the SMARTY was kinda designed to run with.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see any tranny upgrades in your sig. It probably IS slipping. Also, you have 35s. I don't know about the 6gun, but my juice slip feature does not work with oversized tires. I had to turn it off, but it doesn't really matter now since I have a TC/VB.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Banned

It take the reading from Vss and Lockup,Their is no sensor to Read from, it is calibrated.It is very sensitive I seen several TC codes in the PDA.If the the system fall"s outside of the % Programed the Tuner Will default to Stock HP.Your Purchasing dealer should have been able to explain this to you.Since their is to sensor it cannot be displayed ,Other tuners that claim they can display correctly are just Guessing at the increment's.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:20 PM

hey omaharam i live by nebraska city, and i was wondering who you had do your transmission upgrades and how much??
Old 07-25-2006, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by twest
It take the reading from Vss and Lockup,Their is no sensor to Read from, it is calibrated.It is very sensitive I seen several TC codes in the PDA.If the the system fall"s outside of the % Programed the Tuner Will default to Stock HP.Your Purchasing dealer should have been able to explain this to you.Since their is to sensor it cannot be displayed ,Other tuners that claim they can display correctly are just Guessing at the increment's.
LOL, I AM THE PROCESSING DEALER AND I ASSUMED THAT WAS THE CASE. HOWEVER, BANKS COULDNT EVEN EXPLAIN IT TO ME.

I CAN WATCH SLIPPAGE ON STARSCAN, AND THERE IS A LITTLE TC FLARE, WHICH IS NORMAL FOR ALL MANUFACTURERS. THIS PDA IS WAY TOO SENSITIVE LOOKING FOR 3%. I AM A DC DEALER AND HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE ENTIRE TRANSMISSION WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BILLET SHAFTS. LINE PRESSURES ARE EXTREEMLY HIGH AND THE DIRECT CLUTCH SPRING IS A MONSTER. BANKS NEEDS TO COME UP WITH AN OPTION TO TURN THAT SAFEGUARD OFF, OR SET HIGHER LIMITS. IT DOESNT MATTER WEATHER ITS A 47RE OR 48RE. ITS SHOWING SLIPPAGE ON BOTH MY TRUCKS. (03 AND 06). IM THINKING BD IS THE WAY TO GO.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by beandrew
hey omaharam i live by nebraska city, and i was wondering who you had do your transmission upgrades and how much??
You have a PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:07 PM

Well if you get ready to part with it let me know..lol... I would like to add the pda to my 6 gun.
BTW, you should be able to set it up like you have a standard tranny and bypass the auto trans safety all together. Just a thought.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:30 PM

I've got the 6 gun with speed loader, exhaust, and K&N FIPK on mine with 33x12.5 rubber and a 4:10 rear end. No slipping issues at all unless I use the propane off the line, once it's moving I can use the propane but I guess it puts it just over the limit out of the hole. Oh, I can't do a brake stand either or that will trip it.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett_Fodder
Well if you get ready to part with it let me know..lol... I would like to add the pda to my 6 gun.
BTW, you should be able to set it up like you have a standard tranny and bypass the auto trans safety all together. Just a thought.
NO, YOU CANT BYPASS LIKE MANUALL TRANNY. TRUCK AHS TO DO A RELEARN EVERTIME SIXGUNNER IS CLEARED AND NEEDS BE RECALIBRATED. IT KNOWS THE TRUCK EQUIPMENT AND GEAR RATIOS
Old 07-26-2006, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by bbhzx12
I've got the 6 gun with speed loader, exhaust, and K&N FIPK on mine with 33x12.5 rubber and a 4:10 rear end. No slipping issues at all unless I use the propane off the line, once it's moving I can use the propane but I guess it puts it just over the limit out of the hole. Oh, I can't do a brake stand either or that will trip it.
THE MORE I READ, THE MORE IM CONVINCED. BANKS IS DISSAPOINTING. SHAME ON THEM FOR RELEASING SUCH A "POS". IM GLAD I STILL AHVE MY EDGE AND BD TO FALL BACK ON. DID BANKS MOVE TO TIAWAN OR SOMETHING?..LOL
Old 07-26-2006, 01:26 PM

I am set that the banks 6 gun will be coming off my truck, and going in the classifieds.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:30 PM

Likewise. I Am A Distributor Of Their Products As Of Today...not Tomorrow
Old 07-26-2006, 01:42 PM

THE MORE I READ, THE MORE IM CONVINCED. BANKS IS DISSAPOINTING.
I'm not sure why I dissapointed you, I love my Banks setup. If had stuck with the Bully Dog or somethng else I'd already be replacing the torque converter. My truck runs great, gets good milage, and it's **** quick. My only problem is too much power for the OEM converter, there is nothing wrong with the Banks system. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Barrett_Fodder
Yes, you can set the fueling % @ lockup and in each Level in each Gear.Also you cannot upgrade Former Tuners in the Cummins and LB7.You have to Purchase the entire PowerPDA Tuner and Docking Station.

Quick Reply: Banks 6-gun Tranny Slippage