3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

banks 6 gun bundle problems???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
banks 6 gun bundle problems???

I was chatting with my diesel mech the other day when he told me about a younger kid 17-18yr old. that came in on the hook to the dealer. He said his truck just died and couldn't get it started again. The tech brought his truck in and checked the oil first and found the oil about a gallon high. He drained it and put fresh in and cranked over. It sounded like crap so he shut it down fast. went to the service manager and asked his opinion on what to do about the whole banks setup and the fact that this guy had a darker color truck and you could see the whole back corner of his truck was black with soot from running it hard with the pack on 6. They went to the kid and asked him about it and he copped an attitude and said thats not what the problem was and sent the mgr and tech back to "fix his truck" Since the attitude was an issue they were really careful on how they went about this whole thing and ended up finding an injector had cracked and filled the crankcase full of fuel. When star was contacted they asked if there was anything that he noticed "out of the ordinary" and again because of the attitude he said why yes there is a nice assortment of aftermarket mods and programmers on this truck... DC said no way sa the kid got all ****** off and called his daddy and had him talk to the mgr and was inlightened to dc's warranty and the use of aftermarket programmers and was told they would not work on it. They have yet to hear back from him...
my question is have any of you heard of an injector cracking because of too much pressure. And also I was under the impression that gaqle banks was a stickler about making sure his power mods were mechanically sound.. so why would there be enough pressure to crack an injector if they are so tight on reliability???
Old 10-18-2005, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My brother's truck blew one injector and consequently smoked the turbo due to thinned oil with an Edge EZ box, and yes Banks increases fuel pressure, but not sure how much power comes from pressure.