3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Banks 6 gun Big Hoss?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GBE ,has the knowledge,resources,capital to produce incredible amounts HP,GBE Knows How Much a stock Engine can safely operate in daily applications. Cale decides what safe LEVELS are not some HP junky...Look at the the engines GBE builds in House...Thier is so much more to Performance than HP.But when its all you the Got, that what you"ll will offer.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:37 PM

The Xcllerator from pacific performance engineering could be an option. 215 hp and 325lb ft of torgue claimed.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think GBE is a great company, Gale has done so much for the industry and the sport(s) over the years, but for some reason their diesel marketing schemes get them thrown under the bus a lot.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:48 PM

I have a PPE/ATS xcelerator and let me tell you that it's probably not quite 215 horse. I'd really like to dyno it stock and then on extreme to see if it's anywhere close. I estimate it to be in the 150-175 range. I paid over 600 for it, wish I would have just paid an extra hundred or so and gotten the TST powermaxCR. The xcelerator takes at least 5 minutes to change tunes whereas TST is adjustable on the fly.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:51 PM

The way I looked at it when I bought my six gun is, I could spend half as much on a box that makes the same amount of power but I would have to spend the other half buying all the gauges. The PDA has so many options to view that if you went out and bought each one of those as a gauge, it would be alot cheaper just to get the 6-gun PDA in the end.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 PM

This is true about the PDA. It's pretty cool. But I still like the normal guages. To each his own, eh?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:33 PM

if I'm not mistaken the PPE hp ratings are at the flywheel not to the ground?? & as far as Banks I'm like most I really like the safety features, I generally drive by my pyro, but for the guys out there that don't/don't want to, then the banks stuff works very well, I've installed the 6-gun/speedloader & gauges on an 03' 5 spd. & 04' 6spd. & both owners are very pleased, but both trucks are worked day in & day out, they were bought to use & not to play with & in that application I think the banks products are top notch! get in load the trailer & drive & not worry about cooking an engine/clutch/ or tranny. most can't advertise that???? Dusty
Old 09-01-2006, 07:26 AM

Banks

As you can see the opinions run in all directions. The first decision is what is your ultimate goal, then make decisions from there. The fit and finish of Banks hard goods is outstanding; I have one of their Techni-Coolers and would purchase another one especially at the price I paid. I don't race or sled pull and built my truck around what I do, which is a daily driver that can tow. I don't need to be the first person on top of the hill, I just want to get to the top of that hill. I like analogue gauges and mechanical mods over electronics, but do not exclude electronics. You will probably find that the bigger, badder, better mentality is with the younger crowd. The elder generation is geared to reliable and cost effective.

Banks has well integrated kits but I think they are excessively priced. The information I have gleaned here and in talking with the various vendors about my real life expectations has steered me in the right direction with just a few mistakes as I got caught up in the BIGGER, BADDER, BETTER mentality for a couple of purchases. Performance dealers do not want bad publicity especially on a forum like this one.

For unbelieveable 0 - 60 times try a aircraft carrier cat launch in a F-18 Hornet. Good luck with your B-O-M-B-ing!

L8r,..........dogger