3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Banks 6 Gun

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Banks 6 Gun

Hey guys,

Look I'm about to put a chip in my 03 dodge cumm. and I don't know which one to get. I want to be able to pull and drag with some powerjokes and d-max's without any clutch slippage.

My research tells me the Banks 6 gun is the best but I can't say that without trying. Please give me your opinion.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:51 AM

Xix-gun bundle

I had The six-gun bundle installed several months ago. They told me it was a neet clean installation and all works very well. I don't do any kind of abnormal stunts with my truck but, I do like to have the various settings when I'm pulling our 5th.
There support and research really pays off.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine
Old 06-19-2005, 09:02 AM

My understanding is its works well for the money. What I'm asking is, does it make a difference that will justify the price?
Old 06-19-2005, 10:22 AM

get something cheaper. not many people here like banks. i would get a bullydog crazy larry or an edge juice. They are both good proven products and will easily let you run with strokes and maxes
Old 06-19-2005, 07:08 PM

Bully Dog power pup all the way!
Old 06-19-2005, 08:10 PM

Since you have an 03 the edge juice is not an option (not out yet) - timing/duration box

Banks is really pricey for what you get (Like most of their products). - pressure/timing

TST is the top performer but you have to be smart with it - also, does not use pressure so won't hurt the injectors - timing/duaration

Xzillarader, Ts Ramifier, Bully Dog downloader - these are also popular. They mainly use pressure as the means for power increase. The Xzillaraider and TS Ramifier seem to keep EGT's under control fairly well.

Research before you buy. You want good EGT performance, Adjustability and reliabilty.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:01 AM

Originally posted by deere nut
Xzillarader, Ts Ramifier, Bully Dog downloader - these are also popular. They mainly use pressure as the means for power increase. The Xzillaraider and TS Ramifier seem to keep EGT's under control fairly well.
I don't think that the Power Pup relies mainly on pressure to get it's power. I know that it uses some pressure, but it's main source of power is timing and duration. I think the most pressure is used in the Extreme setting, but even then it's less than pressure only boxes from what I understand.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:38 AM

We have a Banks Six-Gun on the 2004 in our shop and it works very well and did increase mileage and performance.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:54 PM

What are you looking at for cost difference?
When I installed in late '03 I would of had to stack boxes to get the pressure and timing. So the amount was a difference of installation cost. Then you added in cold engine check, tranny slip, etc. etc it was worth it for me.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by sguidry
My understanding is its works well for the money. What I'm asking is, does it make a difference that will justify the price?
Too much $$$ for the HP I think, keep in mind the advertised gains are made with a CA SO engine with exhaust already done

I saw it for $673 with speedloader here ($584 w/o S.L'er): http://www.xtremediesel.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=81

AND found it can do 87hp (peak to peak with speedloader, 57hp w/o S.L'er) on a 305hp engine from here:http://bankspower.com/Test_Results_AD07-305.cfm

Thats dismal, IMO, not when you get a TST for about $100 more (with gauges & EGT backdown) that will walk ALL OVER a banks 6-gun w/ loader, and with NO PRESSURE!

Heck, buy a Quad box for $299, and get 65hp (only 22hp down) - and pocket the other $373

I think there are quite a few other better options, IMO if you REALLY need the trans slippage thingy, wait for the EDGE JUICE, My beta unit ships later this week (I hope)
Old 06-20-2005, 07:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tomeygun
[B]Too much $$$ for the HP I think, keep in mind the advertised gains are made with a CA SO engine with exhaust already done

AND found it can do 87hp (peak to peak with speedloader, 57hp w/o S.L'er) on a 305hp engine from here:http://bankspower.com/Test_Results_AD07-305.cfm

Tomeygun - good point about the Banks advertising. They lure people in with the 125 HP claim (wiht speedloader) but fail to make sure you know that it is based on the weak S.O. engine.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:29 PM

Tomeygun - good point about the Banks advertising. They lure people in with the 125 HP claim (wiht speedloader) but fail to make sure you know that it is based on the weak S.O. engine. [/B]
No Joke

IMO, A little misleading, one, that its a SO engine (proven to post bigger gains) - and TWO,
that the 125hp gain is best gain through-out the power band (not peak-to-peak like most manufacturers)

So I buy a 6-gun w/ S.L'er, expecting a 125hp gain, and get 87hp on the local DYNO, yuck!
Old 06-20-2005, 10:17 PM

TST is the top performer but you have to be smart with it - also, does not use pressure so won't hurt the injectors - timing/duaration
Has anybody really proven that pressure kills injectors? I've been running my EZ for 70,000 on levels 4, 5 or 6. No problems yet, but I would like to back the pressure down. I was ultimately waiting for the juice because I was afraid of all the TST code throwing. The Quad has been flawless as far as I can see on the boards ............ But, twice I've emailed them asking about fuel pressures in comparison to the EZ and twice I've gotten no response
Old 06-20-2005, 11:04 PM

So The Edge line increases the fuel pressures?
Old 06-20-2005, 11:34 PM

Originally posted by CmminsBeast
So The Edge line increases the fuel pressures?
EZ - yes
Juice for "600" cummins - no

Quick Reply: Banks 6 Gun