3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

bad injector?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad injector?

i started the p2106 wont stop thread but not getting much so thought id try this instead. Truck runs great except bout every 6 months or so it pops the p2106 or 2109 codes. so i took it in to dealer and they put on a new injector harness/valve cover gasket under warranty, has been fine until thursday morn it did it again. Just out of the blue, everything was normal except that day it was a little colder in the morning than usual. Kinda thinking it must be injector, so do i take it in for warranty again? or should i go with aftermarket injectors and forget the factory replacements? Im afraid some more will go bad after my warranty runs out, if i send them to aftermarket will they repair all 6? my warranty only has bout 2500 mi left so need to figure this out soon if im gonna warranty them. If i decide not to go with warranty will an aftermarket shop like f1 be able to fix my bad injector/s? if so is 100 hp injectors too much for factory turbo with mods in my sig pulling trailer occasionally. ?Or do 40 hp give a decent gain in hp along with mileage? Or would it work for a while until i get a diff turbo setup? Need a tranny for sure also but one step at a time i guess.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just sent all 6 to F1 because i was tired of the dealer not fixing the problem. Don will test them and diagnose any problems for around ~$150. If they need rebuilt depends on whats wrong but its about $250 per injector. This is the best way to make sure all 6 of your injectors are working. I couldn't resist getting nozzles while they were there too but he can just test and repair them for you, best bang for your buck if you want to know for sure its not an injector problem. even over the holiday turn around was quick, less than two weeks and i shipped em ground.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks bradler, never knew that he would do that without wanting upgraded nozzles installed. What nozzles did you end up going with? That's the main reason at all I don't want to take it to dealer to warranty, ok so they might fix one or replace it, but what bout the other 5 that's gonna give me troubles when my warranty is up. Noe that I know he'd check em and fix even without nodding them then I think that's the way to go...
Old 11-29-2010, 07:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
here is another reason; the dealer was putting reman injectors from mexico in under warranty and they were the ones that were bad! I did the milage max 20hp tips, shes a daily driver