3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bad first impression LORENZ - no box with mini leafs

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand everyone's comments about them just being leaf springs, but I also understand his point of view as well. Considering the mini-packs weren't boxed, I'm guessing the full leafs definately aren't. $1000+ for leaf springs; I'd want them boxed even though they go under the truck. That's kind of like paying around $2000 for a Silver Bullet and when you get it, there's scratches and scuffs all over it because it arrived unpackaged. It makes the truck perform so much better and even though it's under the hood you still want it to arrive packaged well, unharmed, and looking good. They may not be the same product, but they are both big $$$.

I can say that everything I have ordered from Carli arrived packaged well and in perfect condition. In my opinion, after all the money spent with a company, you would think they would take the time and and have enough pride in their work to package their products the right way.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I understand why they ship the leaf packs w/no packaging, but I don't agree with it - I can't imagine shipping anything we make bare naked like that!

Not criticizing anyone else - I just think that aesthetics are important too...
Old 04-04-2008, 03:49 PM

Comparing a Turbo to Leaf Springs is comparing Apples and Oranges. It is his money, and different people have different expectations. I spent $800 on custom springs for my FJ40, and they arrived with a sticker and the bushings taped to them. To be honest, I think it would be kind of a waste of money to box them up. If a leaf spring can't handle being shipped without a box, it has no place going under your truck. Throw those pretty leaf springs under the truck, and take a picture of them a couple months later.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by 05HDRAM
Comparing a Turbo to Leaf Springs is comparing Apples and Oranges. It is his money, and different people have different expectations. I spent $800 on custom springs for my FJ40, and they arrived with a sticker and the bushings taped to them. To be honest, I think it would be kind of a waste of money to box them up. If a leaf spring can't handle being shipped without a box, it has no place going under your truck. Throw those pretty leaf springs under the truck, and take a picture of them a couple months later.
I'm not trying to start a pissing match. I (as well as the author of this thread and a few others) don't think it was right and that's my opinion. In the end it'll all be fine, but it's not for the time being.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:43 PM

Talking

My gawd, your leaf springs were scratched? Oh the horror!

(Are you the same guy who was asking how to polish your exhaust pipes?)
Old 04-05-2008, 12:29 AM

Well, got my setup installed today...and i dont care if there was a box or not....very nice...truck looks great, ride is significantly better (why i sprung for the dp leafs)....tight steering, doesnt bottom in the same spot it always did stock....so far so good!

Now if the retard that installed my AD150 was only as good as the place that installed the lift!
Old 04-05-2008, 12:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jgiachino
Now if the retard that installed my AD150 was only as good as the place that installed the lift!
bring it up to Utah and I will fix it for you!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 02:18 AM

Well, got my setup installed today...and i dont care if there was a box or not....very nice...truck looks great, ride is significantly better (why i sprung for the dp leafs)....tight steering, doesnt bottom in the same spot it always did stock....so far so good!

Post up some pictures of your ride in a new thread.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by 06CTDforAU
I'm not trying to start a pissing match. I (as well as the author of this thread and a few others) don't think it was right and that's my opinion. In the end it'll all be fine, but it's not for the time being.
I am not either, I just thought it was unfair to bash a vendor for something I see as a non issue.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
bring it up to Utah and I will fix it for you!!!
How far are you from Phoenix? I'm going to try to fix it today.....but if i cant find anyone competent down here, i'll be looking for someone to do future work like turbo / springs,...
Old 04-05-2008, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by jtnm
Post up some pictures of your ride in a new thread.
Will do later today, got the fender flares on last night, few more tweaks before pics...
Old 04-05-2008, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How far are you from Phoenix? I'm going to try to fix it today.....but if i cant find anyone competent down here, i'll be looking for someone to do future work like turbo / springs,...
well according to Google Maps it is...
634 mi – about 10 hours 20 mins from your place to mine...thats a pretty good drive
Old 04-05-2008, 01:02 PM

Got my full Deaver springs from Carli w/just a simple tag tied to them. No big deal, planned on painting them anyway.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:01 PM

Yep its pretty standard. My Old Man Emu showed up the same way. Made the name more fitting.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by tristan21
Yep its pretty standard. My Old Man Emu showed up the same way. Made the name more fitting.
fwiw, i think shipping the elderly via ups is just plain wrong!

Quick Reply: Bad first impression LORENZ - no box with mini leafs