3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bad first impression LORENZ - no box with mini leafs

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad first impression LORENZ - no box with mini leafs

I got my mini leafs via FED Ex today with the shipping tag just stuck to the bolted together leafs. The were scratched up all to hell. I guess it doesn't matter but I was expecting maybe a box with packing materials. Wish I would have gone with Carli. Oh well they'll will still be going on this weekend but to me that is half Edit.

A buddy got his mini leafs from Carli and they came nicely wrapped in a box.

oh well
Old 04-03-2008, 03:52 PM

I just got my Carli kit in and i have NEVER seen packing like theres, in the past i have had Ranco and Fabtech and Superlift and they all come tossed together.. My Carli kit came in different well packaged boxes..

There customer services is awsome..
Old 04-03-2008, 09:47 PM

Got my Dual Purpose Leafes...also shipped no packaging....rest of it was packaged well....scratches werent bad on the leafs...they do go under the truck, so not too worried about it.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:08 PM

Ive heard bad things bout Lorenz here lately.......
Old 04-03-2008, 10:35 PM

what else you heard
Old 04-03-2008, 11:19 PM

I wont defend the packaging of the leafs (becasue they should be boxed)...but Lorenz has been pretty good to work with...you can actually call and talk to sean if you have questions....

Kit's going on tomorrow, will follow up with a report...
Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by jgiachino
I wont defend the packaging of the leafs (becasue they should be boxed
Have to agree, that's why you buy it new so that you get it new, not all scratched up. That should be a given that they be packaged before shipping. Just my .02
Old 04-04-2008, 12:10 AM

I'm expecting my Lorenz 5100 kit to come in soon. Can't wait to get the kit on. I have the Interco 35" Vortrac on order
Old 04-04-2008, 12:25 AM

My Lorenz leaves came the same way. Luckily when I bolted them on, I guess none of the scratches affected them. They function very well and the scrataches are NOT GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the ride quality. He ships them that way because it's a cost savings thing first, and environmentally friendly as a second. Not much that can happen to those leaf packs that a box would protect except a couple scratches.... Hit it with some paint and enjoy!
Old 04-04-2008, 07:45 AM

I have ordered many leaf springs over the years, and every single one was shipped with a tag stuck on. Never ever caused any issues with performance, and it was nothing a quick coat of spray paint wouldn't fix. I agree when you order/spend money on a new part, it should be flawless, your not mounting them on your hood. I really don't think this is a major issue.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:18 AM
trx

My Lorenz 5100 kit made a huge difference in the way my truck rides and it installed with no problems. Happy here with no box, besides even if they got scratched doubt you will ever notice once installed.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:02 PM

True, nobody will notice and no real damage to the product. Lorenz puts out some killer stuff. I can't say anything bad about him, he's been great to work with.
I'll post some pics after the weekend.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when I ordered leafs springs for my jeep they came unboxed aswell..not a big deal you will have to hit them with a rattle can yearly if you want them to stay black anyway....2 rain storms and they will be bleeding rust from between the leafs too
Old 04-04-2008, 12:35 PM

I'm sure Sean ships them in the same packaging they come in from the manufacturer. He may even drop ship straight from the manufacturer.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:36 PM

Did you give Sean a call to let him know you had a few scratches, he probably send you a free can of paint to make it right. Maybe you should take it up with FedX/UPS for scratching them up to hell sounds like thats there fault to me. Even if they came in a box, the dang boxes shows up all tore up anyways. Them guys can care less what is in it loading them in and out of there trucks. Thats what happened when my mini-paks showed up from my last kit there wasn't much left of the box. A touch of black paint fixed that right up, no big deal.
I since have put a few more scratches in the paks to help out with the spring rate. Sure made a big ride difference, rides a hell out a lot better after the extra scratches were made.

Quick Reply: Bad first impression LORENZ - no box with mini leafs