3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Back into a Diesel.. now need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 02:13 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Yes, you replace the OEM. Not stupidity, just ain't learned you yet! Four years ago, I didn't know beans...

I have not heard anything bad about them, but I have not really heard anything about them. I know they exist, but that's about it. I dealt with BD about 3 years ago, and had a positive experience, but it was only once, and a long time ago. I'm not saying don't go with them, just do a little research first.

Here's the link to goerend...

http://www.goerend.com/
Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A buddy of mine told me about georend well before I even had a diesel and that was back in 05 when diesel performance was just getting a foothold. I have had a few buddies that have said good things about both georend and BD trannys it's up to you really it comes down to what you will do with it. A deep pan a good TC, input and Flexplate will do you pretty well, with a deep pan you can push it a little farther due to better cooling in the tranny you don't have to worry too bad about frying your valve body as much without the pan as long as you keep an eye on the temps however you start to get up there around 550hp you're gonna need a better VB period. But a deep pan can get you a long way with a programmer and a turbo even with some sticks close to about 450. My buddies 05 he had a super B single 90 hp sticks a bully dog w/ crazy larry i forget what kind of other chip water /meth head studs and the aforementioned tranny setup and he was running mid 12's with his truck never saw any dyno numbers but he used to drag and tow and it held up pretty well.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice thanks for the info guys, today I called over to Georend but Dave was busy and he will give me a call next week or I will call agian I just need to find out what it would cost for his trans shipped to alaska or Imif he deals with any tranny shops up here.