3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Awiring question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Awiring question

This is a GREAT web sight!!! Thanks Anyway I'm installing my CB radio under my right seat and I'm looking for a wire to get a good 12v form. I was thinking the cig lighter in the center consol would be a good place and I was wondering if the wire to the lighter was red with a white strip witch was between the right seet and the consol on the floor, or is this for the seet belt electrics? Or do you have a better idea?
I'm runing the coax cable through the fire wall around the back of the cab (inside of cosre) and under the plastic trim molding to use up the extra cable. Any better ideas?

I have a 04 QC SB 4x4 slt CTD auto with airaid and Cobra 75wxst.

Thanks again for any help
Marc
Old 08-16-2005, 04:18 PM

I tapped into the fuse for the radio in the fuse box so it is on when the key is turned on.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:38 PM

I think Farmer Dave got it right! There are also likely unused circuits in your fuse box you could use (switched or unswitched). If you do not need/want to turn off your CB with the ignition and you have power seats, you could tap into the power seat harness. That should be able to easily handle the power demand of the CB without overloading the circuit.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:05 PM

CB hook up

I mounted mine under the steering wheel and used the cigarette lighter for power. You dont see much of the wire as it comes around the side and plugs in. I like it there, you can see the channels and adjust the squelch/volume when necessary. I mounted my ant. on top, punched a hole through the back and ran the cable under the trim by the doors. It works good ...no problems. my 2.5 cents.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wiring

Don't know if you have a 4x4 but I was able to punch a hole in behind the shifter with my knock-out-cutter. I used a myers hub 3/4" ( water tight) in to flex ( which is hollow lightly armored) up to the engine compartment. Should be able to pick these up at a hardware store. Run several pairs of wires for future use and fuse them.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:48 PM

Thanks for the replys. ill give it a try and your right about overloading the circut. Marc