3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

ATS or BD Twins

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATS or BD Twins

Without price being a deciding factor, which setup is better? Also, does anyone have a pic of the ATS system installed?

I've also considered the Piers and Poole setup. However, Piers has about a two month wait and Poole seems to be lacking on the customer service end of things. I don't want to have to beg someone to take my money!
Old 04-14-2006, 11:34 AM

Which set

Originally Posted by Reaper
Without price being a deciding factor, which setup is better? Also, does anyone have a pic of the ATS system installed?

I've also considered the Piers and Poole setup. However, Piers has about a two month wait and Poole seems to be lacking on the customer service end of things. I don't want to have to beg someone to take my money!
They of course have a pic of the setup on their website, fyi. I have them but no pics (ATS). Everything fit like a glove and the only thing I wasn't really pleased about was the cold pipes as they looked like they had been bomb canned,....I understand this is fixed now and you get powdercoated pipes (they made mine good and powdercoated them), so I have no b...tch. I get 62lbs boost out of them and also they came out with a newer version of the exhaust housing on their Aurora 2k which seems to perform better. I don't know what development of their internal wastegate (pics on their site of this elbow) cost them for research and development, but that is some piece of work,...very impressed with that unit. If I had it to do all over again, I'd go with them again and they delivered it when they said and NO six months or so of B.S. as to where the twins are and when they'll be ready. Seriously, I ordered them on a Wed at 2pm and they were at my vendor Friday morning at 10am. It doesn't get better than that IMHO. I recently talked with another vendor about the Aurora 5000 (the big turbo in their setup) and he had a lot of praise and he further said he is using the Aurora 2k on his own truck and he builds these things for people so for him to have made that choice says something I believe. Also, these are his words,..not mine but he said that the ATS set was as close to bullet proof as you can get for a set of twins. I've had them on for about 3 1/2 months now and I couldn't be more pleased.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:40 PM

How's the spool/lag on your ATS twins?
Old 04-14-2006, 10:53 PM

Any dyno numbers, never seen any posted anywhere with the ATS Twins and I am very curious to see some numbers if anyone has any. Thanks in Advance
Old 04-15-2006, 06:41 AM

What about spooling on ATS Twins and dyno numbers

As we all know, it is the function of all the piece parts of this bombing thing that give you a total result. Having said that, as some of you may know I have had a problem with popping when I stack the TST with the CLDL even when the DL is turned to it's lowest level and when the TST is also turned WAY down. I do not however have that situation with the TST/EZ. I would say the concensus from the members has been that I am running out of fuel, hence CP3 mod is still needed. To compound that problem the systems on my 04.5 make the ecm defuel at two critical places for optimum performance,...out of the hole (just dumping on it without boost braking) and at the 3rd/od shift. The 3rd/od shift I have overcome with my ATS Commander. Out of the hole was outstanding with the stock turbo but when you have a set of twins that goes from around 38psi boost (stock turbo) to 62 psi boost on the ATS twins you magnify the CP3 problem.

Hopefully this has set the stage for answering the 1st question. With the twins the out of the hole performance is decent,...not great,... if you give it half or a little more throttle and then slam it! I'm told that will go away when the CP3 goes on. The rest of the run is very strong. If I boost brake it, then it is a slingshot. Around town your not putting your foot through it at every stop light so a moderate foot gives you a no lag nice take off.

On dyno numbers for the ATS Twins,...nope haven't done any for over a year and didn't have the twins or half of my mods that I now have at that time. If the CP3 mod allows me to use the CLDL on either tow or performance mode I have no doubt I will be over 600hp when I dyno. There is a dyno day for charity coming up here soon and if I have the CP3 on the truck I will dyno and post those numbers.