3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anyone tow with race Quadzilla?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I mounted my switch in a plastic toggle switch mount. I had to modify it a little and I painted the face white and made marks where the settings are. Unfortunately I can't find a decent place to put it so I just wrapped the wire around the steering column and it ends up right on top where I can see it..
Old 04-25-2005, 09:49 AM

30-60-100-140 Programming

The biggest difference is the "On Demand" programming. The race boxes fuel a little harder and a little quicker, but the top end power is the same. You will be able to tow just fine 60hp setting. We are debating removing the off position on the race module and adding the 30hp setting. It is very easy to use the bypass plug if you want to run stock. We would only do this on the race version.

Any thoughts??

QUad

Hell Yeah!! I'll be the first to send mine back to get it reprogrammed. That's why I went with the standard box and not the race. I didn't like the first jump in HP at 60, it seemed like a little much for the guys who tow heavy a lot. That's just me I know a lot of guys are fine with towing on the 60 HP level, but I would like to know I can back it down a little if things start heating up
Old 04-25-2005, 09:56 AM

One more feature which would be great (although requiring a slight hardware change) is to offer a two-pin out connector for remote mounting the LED. Then you could mount it next to the switch and know when things are working correctly or not. I was thnking of desoldering the LED from the PCB but doubt I'll do that for fear or breaking something.

Is there a reason you can't have a [Off - 30 - 60 - 100 - 140] box?? It's easy enough to change the switch indexing ring to allow 5 positions, and you can still offer the "standard" box by shipping it with the indexing ring set to allow only the first four positions. Should be simple enough if your going to come up with a new program anyway right?
Old 04-25-2005, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by Berak
One more feature which would be great (although requiring a slight hardware change) is to offer a two-pin out connector for remote mounting the LED. Then you could mount it next to the switch and know when things are working correctly or not. I was thnking of desoldering the LED from the PCB but doubt I'll do that for fear or breaking something.

Is there a reason you can't have a [Off - 30 - 60 - 100 - 140] box?? It's easy enough to change the switch indexing ring to allow 5 positions, and you can still offer the "standard" box by shipping it with the indexing ring set to allow only the first four positions. Should be simple enough if your going to come up with a new program anyway right?
Remote LED's are coming as an option to add on to the newer switches. This has not been done yet, but in the process. The LED will not do all of the diagnostics, but it will tell you the switch position. The current LED is not jsut part of the switch and there is no way to bring it out of the module.

Also the LED has to be a 3 wire so you can have all 3 colors.

We are out of I/O to do 5 positions. I guess I did not really anticipate selling that many of the race modules as we were not really trying to compete for that market, we have something else up our sleeve for that. The switch has the positions but we do not have the hardware for it. We are going to do a poll on some forums about the switch positions and all of our beta testers to see what the concensous is on the power levels on the race box.

Quad
Old 04-25-2005, 01:10 PM

Quad,
You talk about the "LED's are coming as an option to add on to the newer switches" will we need a replacment switch for the "LED's"?
Old 04-25-2005, 03:22 PM

OK, sounds good. Didn't think about the I/O limitation on the hardware side. Looking forward to the new switches (although you can see in my Gallery I've already made a custom switch plate and mounted it all nice and neat in my custom console.)

P.S., I vote for the 30-60-100-140 path, like you said it's trivial to put in the bypass plug when desired and if your getting better mpg with it on, the only reason to turn it off from 30 is to remove it for dealer work as far as I'm concerned.

Will you be accepting standard boxes back for upgrades? I'd send mine back for the upgrade when the new switches are available.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:55 PM

Sending mine out tomorrow to get reprogrammed. Gonna miss it for awile. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:10 AM

Checkmate, how much did it cost to have the re-programming ? I've been VERY seriously thinking about doing this.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:33 AM

I made a little L Bracket and mounted it to the removable section of the ashtray. It took a little work to clearance an area for the back of the switch and cable to go but it looks good while open and hidden while closed. If anybody wants I can take a pic as soon as my wife letme me in the durn truck again
Brett
Old 04-27-2005, 09:31 AM

Yes, add the 30hp setting!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:05 AM

I like the idea of the 30 hp position but I hate running a box without an "off" position. That's my biggest complaint regarding the EZ. You can't turn it off in a hurry when you need to.

jm02

Richard
Old 04-27-2005, 11:23 AM

Being able to shut it off is a great feature of this box. My truck gets better mileage without the box so I can turn the box on as needed if I see that someone feels froggy!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 08:45 AM

Dodge already predrilled a hole for the ****. It is right next to the hood release lever. Just remove the panel below the steering wheel. The hole is just to the right of the release lever.

One bonus, I don't think the dealer would find the switch. The **** is still accessible while driving, just a little tricky.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:26 AM

I would preferr to be able to turn it off also, slippery conditions, wife driving, loan it out, etc... besides what would 30 HP really do for you that the 60 hp with a little less throttle not?

Seems like these trucks are hard enough to manipulate the power on slippery surfaces and there have been times that even stock is hard to pull with without spinning tires in fields, gravel, etc...

Off would be my suggestion, not to forget the added gas mileage from stock...
Old 04-28-2005, 10:44 AM

Well put Asher. My point exactly.

Quick Reply: Anyone tow with race Quadzilla?