3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

anyone know were i can find a motor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone know were i can find a motor?

allright i must have the worst luck ever in the world. just finished putting on studs, 100 psi boots, and new turbo. turned the key on and it idled kinda funny let run a few minutes to get the turbo good and oiled fluttered the throttle to get it to run smoother and the **** thing took off and reved out too 4500 rpm i turned the key off right away but it just kept reving and then bang a rod went through block. so i despretly need a new motor and fast help please
eric
Old 10-25-2006, 11:02 PM

There is an 03 engine on ebay 305/555.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:36 AM

WOW That the most disturbing truck related thing Ive read on here

There must have been a bad seal it that new turbo or some kind of flow of oil to the cylinders to cause the runaway. A Positive Air Shut-off would have stopped her dead before the destruction.

As for the new engine, I would use "Search." There are usually a few threads.
Take some pics, I would like to see whats left
Old 10-26-2006, 12:41 AM

Man that really sucks. Try a google/yahoo search for an engine.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by emfc_22
allright i must have the worst luck ever in the world. just finished putting on studs, 100 psi boots, and new turbo. turned the key on and it idled kinda funny let run a few minutes to get the turbo good and oiled fluttered the throttle to get it to run smoother and the **** thing took off and reved out too 4500 rpm i turned the key off right away but it just kept reving and then bang a rod went through block. so i despretly need a new motor and fast help please
eric
Sorry to here about your engine,, Just wondering why you didnt put it in gear to kill the engine?
Old 10-26-2006, 04:46 AM

yea i woulda put her in sixth gear and dumped it real quick probably woulda messed something else up but atleast it wouldnt have been the motor!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:10 AM

Like the post said above....Ebay has new motors for like $5k.
The 03 is the same as your 2004 engine. You would just have to change the wire harness over or whatever (like ecm or auto/manual parts).
Old 10-26-2006, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by emfc_22
eric
You got a PM. check it for the number to call. He may have none, one, or ten. You never know what hes got
Old 10-26-2006, 09:11 AM

If you want to pm me I can see how much i can get one through work for. Sorry to hear about you bad luck.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:15 AM

yea putting it into gear would have probably brought it down but i just got out of the truck and walked away toward the house when i heard it start to climb in rpm ran to the truck slid on the wet grass opened the door turned the key off and it just kept goin. i shut the door and turned my back just as a ball of fire and parts came out at my feet! scared the hell out of me but knew it was too late. the reason i let it idle and walked away was because i poped the old turbo cleaned all the oil out of the piping i caould get to, but who knows what the inside of the intercooler looked like, so i thought i caould let a idle a while and smoke the rest of what was there out, apparently that is not a good idea to do
Old 10-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Putting it in gear is a MAJOR mistake, especially if it is an automatic tranny. I had a guy do that with an Astro van that was parked behind me on the street as I sat in the barbers chair.

I heard his engine rev way up and then he dumped it in gear, he shoved my truck forward about 10 feet, and who knows what kind of damage might have happened if that big Dodge hadn't been there to stop him before he got moving.

If you read your owners manual, it tells you how to shut down a run away engine, you need a fire extinguisher handy at all times.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:32 AM

There's an entire truck on the TDR classified for a parts only 04, no tranny or transfer
Old 10-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Chapter President

Pop the hood to find an engine. (sorry that was too late to put in). Dang that must've been something to throw a rod out of a Cummins.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:51 PM

I looked in the classifeids and couldn't find that truck, what section is it in?

Peter
Old 10-26-2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by workingdog
I looked in the classifeids and couldn't find that truck, what section is it in?

Peter
Here's a link, hope it helps. Miht be able to sell off some of the extras or just to have spare parts.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/c...uery=retrieval

Quick Reply: anyone know were i can find a motor?