3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anyone know of vendors with ARP studs in stock?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know of vendors with ARP studs in stock?

I'm having a hard time tracking down a set of ARP studs for my 3rd Gen. Seems the latest shortage has all the shelves empty. I have checked the usual sources. Anyone know of a vendor that still has some in stock? I need to come up with a set ASAP.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funny you are looking for head studs Brian, my truck sits at piers as we speak and i think the head is coming off for some work... piers thinks i blew my headgasket between the cylinders today... my truck has a HUGE miss. and pops through the intake. back to your question, when i go to the shop tommorrow i will see if he has any. if so ill let you know asap
Old 04-05-2005, 08:06 AM

Thanks. I've got injectors going in and wanted to take care of mine while things are apart. Hoping to avoid having to remove the head in the future. I talked to Piers yesterday afternoon and he said I missed his last set of studs by about two hours. That was probably you....funny.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:55 AM

AK RAM,

If you keep boost @ or under 50lbs. then you should be alright without any head work. Some guys are running up to 55lbs. without anything done to the head. THis could be your safety net for the head until you get the ARP studs.

Forthcomingtwins,

If the head gasket is blown then it is going to run very rough under 2000 rpm and roll the fuel out(blue smoke), even at idle, and will make a real throaty pumping sound from the exhaust. To me it sounded like a train pumping. Above 2000 rpm the truck runs more like normal. These were my symptoms.

Brandon
Old 04-05-2005, 11:46 AM

Its a bust. I called all the bigger names, then did a Google search on "diesel performance" and called about 15 mom-and-pop shops. No one has ARPs in stock. Looks like we wait.

Originally posted by BCarmicle
If you keep boost @ or under 50lbs. then you should be alright without any head work.
Yeah, but what fun would that be. I don't have an external gate or blow-off valves, so boost and backpressure are going to climb until it decides to stop. Hopefully it will be within a margin of safety, or I'll have to drive like a granny for the next month.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:12 PM

Where would be a good place to pick up a couple relief valves that would be fairly simple to plumb in? Anyone have any decent pics of how theirs are plumbed in?
Old 04-05-2005, 04:58 PM

Where would be a good place to pick up a couple relief valves that would be fairly simple to plumb in? Anyone have any decent pics of how theirs are plumbed in?
There's a couple of shots here that show where mine are located. They're just 1/2" NPT bungs welded to the discharge tube, and the blow-off valves screw in. Two are used simply to handle the volume.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:05 PM

Found some studs.....ATS Transmission of all places.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:11 PM

Originally posted by Tom488
They're just 1/2" NPT bungs welded to the discharge tube, and the blow-off valves screw in.
Exactly what I need. Are those "Compressor Relief Valves" or what? Know the brand name?
Old 04-05-2005, 07:53 PM

Summit and Jegs carry arp studs, just give them the part number and see if they can get them. Also, did you try Olee Poole?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:02 PM

Yeah, Olee, Piers, DDP, DTT, FTLB, BullyDog, BD-Power, Cyclone, Smoke'n Diesel, Kendrick's, Dave's, Summit, Jegs, Jannety.....and about 20 others you never heard of. Everyone is out and says ARP is at least three weeks from shipping any more out. ATS had two kits left on the shelf.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:31 PM

Exactly what I need. Are those "Compressor Relief Valves" or what? Know the brand name?
No idea - they came from Piers with the twin turbos. But, as usual, with a bit of Google searching, I found them here. Pricey little suckers... I wonder what the difference is between those and these
Old 04-05-2005, 10:02 PM

Outstanding. The cheaper Watts valve looks decent, but it says it is only good for up to 180*F. Reckon the charged air or under hood temps would get hotter than that? I would think it could.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Banned

Try Haisley Machine. They have the NEW A-1 edm'd broached studs just in.

J.R.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:11 PM

it seems i dropped a valve seat...... so maybe we go stage three head now... with arp hardware.... i have hit 65 psi with my twins in a completely stock head....

Quick Reply: Anyone know of vendors with ARP studs in stock?