3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

anyone know of a speed limiter eliminator ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blcoonrod
Turn the key forward before you hit the speed limiter. You have to hold it. The starter wil not engage. All of your gauges will drop to 0 and the radio will go off. But the truck will keep on pulling. I have did it a couple of times. And when I let off the key the speedo was reading around 120.

This trick does not work on the 06 07's. The BDTD 2.4 version has a speed limiter adjustment and a rev limiter adjust as well as the tire size adjustment. You can set your speed limiter from 55 mph up to 200 mph. Yes it works I have turned out my 120 speedo and no defueling.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Banned

I was just looking at BD's site and i don't know that I want to replace the Smarty with the BD. The BD apparently does what I'm looking for but.... then I can't use Smarty which has the power I want.

Can anyone say the BD delivers better or more power than Smarty ? If so, I may drop the $500 but if not, I'd rather pay Marco to write a program for the Smarty.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:39 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tritont
I was just looking at BD's site and i don't know that I want to replace the Smarty with the BD. The BD apparently does what I'm looking for but.... then I can't use Smarty which has the power I want.

Can anyone say the BD delivers better or more power than Smarty ? If so, I may drop the $500 but if not, I'd rather pay Marco to write a program for the Smarty.
I PM'd Bob Wagner awhile back about doing just that. I never got a reply, so I guess the answer is it will not happen. I don't know; I would have paid for the extra programming too.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On the '03-'05, how does pulling the ABS fuse (or switching it off in our case) defuel the engine?

... and I thought the Betas were fueling past 3500rpm?
Old 08-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by XLR8R
On the '03-'05, how does pulling the ABS fuse (or switching it off in our case) defuel the engine?

... and I thought the Betas were fueling past 3500rpm?
I don't know that doing anything with the fuse on those year trucks would do anything. DonM verified what I had heard about the newer CR's though... I just need to get to the dyno or track again to see if it works.

I'm going to call Bob tomorrow and see what he says about that beta's and their fueling. I could have swore one of the softwares got rid of the speed limiter... I could be wrong.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by soulezoo
I PM'd Bob Wagner awhile back about doing just that. I never got a reply, so I guess the answer is it will not happen. I don't know; I would have paid for the extra programming too.
One of Bob's posts made it sound like it was on Marco's to-do list after he got the Betas out to release in September. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be in the September release. It would also be great if Marco moved the rev limit up to 4000, but I definitely need springs before I used that.

We'll just have to wait and see. I'll put my money on Marco. It might take awhile, but I'm sure he'll get it done. Once you know something can be done, it becomes much easier to do.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Banned

The BD puts out as much fuel as the smarty and just wait till buddy gets the pressure added in next week you wont go back. Ive had mine upwards of
120+ mph at 3700rpms and it still had more in it. If you have the head to hold it with 3.73 gears at 3900rpms you should be able to get 130+ without even adjusting tire size down then you may get 140+.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:13 PM

Yeah I am looking forward to the adjustable fuel pressure. If it works right shouldnt have to stack any more.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:36 AM

Check the BDTD download page, Quote "ADDED SPEED LIMITER ADJUSTMENT 50-200MPH DODGE CUMMINS 2003-2007" I think I can finally go to sleep, my partners lame Silverado will never pass me again. I'm so happy my face is going to crack !

http://www.bullydog.us/versions/Triple_Dog.pdf
Old 09-01-2007, 06:27 AM
Banned

good luck with that. I've been told that it doesn't work and the BD can cause total havoc on you system. Possibly even fry the ECM. I'd do a search on BD problems before you go buy one.

Obviously Creed had some luck and I'm not saying what I heard is the gospel .... just something to keep in mind.

you notice there a lot of vendors here and not one jumped in to say " We have just what you need "

Again, from what I've been told.... the speed limiter part of the ECM is a deep dark secret that D/C would rather not have anyone into. That's why most boxes don't or can't deal with it.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:54 AM

when I had a programmer for a gasser you could choose if you had Z rated tires or not, then it would remove the speed limiter on the truck. wonder why they cant just add that on for a diesel?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Banned

someone mentioned you can lower your tire size in smarty to gain a few more mph but, I don't think it would be much.

In talking with Bob.... it's very possible to see something in the smarty soon that will help. I think they've been concentrating on getting things moving for the 2nd gen guys. They've been waiting a long time.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Banned

wouldnt you want to program bigger tires than what you really have? its early and my brain isnt working yet...

brett
Old 09-01-2007, 01:38 PM

My money's on Marco / Bob / Smarty having the speed eliminator added to smarty with the next major update (incorporating the beta programming, speed eliminator,...)....Marco's comming out in the next month or so.....something good will come of it! :-) If you own a smarty already, i'd hurry up and wait for a couple of months.....

This is all my personal speculaton, i'm not affiliated with MADS...
Old 09-01-2007, 02:17 PM

I'm sure Marco and Bob will pull thru for our 3rd gens,they recently just finished up on the speed limiter on 2cnd gen trucks.

read more

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...ad.php?t=14308

Quick Reply: anyone know of a speed limiter eliminator ?