3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anyone have a wiring diagram for the trailer hitch harness?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I got the trailer side of the flat plug and used it to wire some side lights up under and between the doors. It went well except that now the lights light like they should when you turn on the turn signals but they also come on when you hit the brakes... doh! This looks stupid. I wanted them to stay on with the parking lights and turn signals. But them coming on with the brakes looks silly from the the side of the truck. So now I am thinking about just making them running lights?

How do the recon big rig lights wire up? Because they stay on with the parking lights and then function as turn signals and this was what I was going for I just didn't want to spend the big $$$ and also did really like the look of all those lights underneath it looks a little to much like neon/ricer...

I will post pics tomorrow if I get a chance.

Should I tap the 7 pin harness instead? Would this give me what I am looking for?
Old 05-12-2007, 04:22 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Turn and brakes are the same bulb on almost all trailers, so they are wired that way at the trailer plug as well. Just use the running light wire. Won't blink obviously, but there isn't any way to do it without running wires to the front turn signals.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats what I was wondering... I saw where Recon sells lights for the side of the truck that stay on and then blink with the turns and was wondering how they were wired? I might just have to run the wires to the front turn signals.

Does anyone know how Recon wires them up?