3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anyone else had this happen???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Anyone else had this happen???

Okay this is my situation. I recently had my throttle sensor replaced and it went out again last week. I am having the dealership replace it now again. They are telling my that my computer is fried because of my programmer.

Has anyone else had these issues with reprogramming your ecm? Anyone ever been told your computer is fried because of your Smarty? Just wondering how much bull they are filling me with.

They are also saying my computer is fried and will cost $2682.00 for a new one. If it were fried would I still be able to change the turn on the smarty, or much less even drive it???
Old 07-03-2009, 11:44 AM

Better find another dealer with a trustworthy diesel mechanic, sounds like they're roping you. If you computer runs the truck and you can change smarty tunes, your good. If you took the truck in with the Smarty still loaded and they flashed it, then your in for some trouble and should contact Marco before messing with it.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:55 AM

I removed the smarty, they tried reflashing it didn't fix the cutting out problem from the throttle sensor, loaded it back up and took it to another dealer. That shouldn't mess the smarty up right? He is installing a new sensor tuesday.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:02 PM

You absolutely do not want them to reflash the computer with the Smarty on there. It will lock your Smarty up. The smarty will think its a totally "new" truck and won't load because it wants you to uninstall itself from the "old" truck first.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:11 PM

Yea it wasn't on there when they reflashed the computer. I put it back on after that. This problem with the throttle only comes when I loaded the tnt software and put it on the truck. Two times
Old 07-03-2009, 12:30 PM

Hmm, maybe you got a bad download. I would try an older version or redownload it and try it again. I've heard some people complaining about certain settings being real jumpy or not as smooth. My brother mentioned some problems like that with the TNT Revo software so he went back to the plain REVO because he said it ran smoother.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:31 PM

I just now saw which twins you had, I bet those things spool super fast with that stock turbo on there?
Old 07-03-2009, 01:00 PM

Yea real fast. The truck is for sale by the way
Old 07-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Banned

kinda of an odd time to list it for sale in a help thread....
Old 07-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Its been for sale for
Old 07-03-2009, 02:37 PM

Mlucus Do you have a solution to my problem or what?
Old 07-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned

If you want me to chime in-
the previous posts about changing your download from the TNT to a different software version seems like an excellent idea to me. you have obviously found the trigger for your problems " This problem with the throttle only comes when I loaded the tnt software and put it on the truck. "
If it were me, i would try what is most obvious first- taking it to the stealers for a new TPS seems wasteful when your programmer is what is bringing out the issues.
Just My .02, just like my other post!
Old 07-03-2009, 02:49 PM

Kinda figured that! I don't have the brains to put the sensor in. Thats why it at the dealer. Thanks
Old 07-03-2009, 04:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm remebering this from a thread that vanished a few days ago. Have you talked to mads yet? Its been days now, you should already have been able to talk to someone and get your answer to this question.

IMO I think no, the Smarty doesn't have that kinda effect when you're loading a program to fry an ecm. However I think it may be possible you may have a wiring harness problem that is showing its ugly butt to you. I would find a dealer you can trust and get a second opinion. If you unloaded the Smarty from the truck you should have never mentioned it, a tech trying to run that bull to you would obviously be too dumb to figure that on his own.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 PM

Yes I talked to bob once and haven't been able to get a hold of him since. He thought the same, that it couldn't be the ecm so my conclusion is that it is the sensor again. Something to do with the tnt software after I load it into the truck keeps fryin the sensor. The regular revo has no negative effect

Quick Reply: Anyone else had this happen???