3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anyone Else Bend the driveshaft

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they make some pretty heavy duty carrier bearings now.... when i had my 69 chevy that thing had what seemed like two 8 foot sticks under it but summit hooked me up with one and never broke it again. someone has to make a good setup for the new cr...
Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 PM

I have bent my carrier bearing while truck pulling.

Will have traction bars on before it hooks to the sled next year.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:48 AM

Carrier Bearing disintegrated.

For those of you that question my drinking
I am 6'1" 235lbs I was drinking Miller Lite and yes it was two because I was the dedicated driver. I would have gone into further detail had that been the subject of my Post. I am storngly against getting behind the wheel while under the influence. I have children myself, I would never think of endangering a soul. I must add this. GUYS, I post to this sight because I enjoy the comeraderee, I have been here for a few years now and I agree with were everone came from with the drunk driving thought but please dont be so quick to judge people in the future. Cant we just hug and get along. Spread the love fellas its Christmas Time
Old 12-09-2008, 09:56 AM

I hear ya Genros,anyways I did a few pulls with my 06 long box this summer and a few burnouts but have had good luck,im around or darn close to 600hp when pulling,heard others with problems even bending the bracket that holds the bearing though. I asked wes wade and he said hes running the stock shaft and never had problems.
the 08s have bigger ujoints and went to a one piece shaft so im planning on switching to that with the exception of the center shaft not being aluminum.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:38 PM

I can't keep that hanger in the truck either. Traction bars may help? That is what I am going to put on before next sled pull season.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by genros
For those of you that question my drinking
I am 6'1" 235lbs I was drinking Miller Lite and yes it was two because I was the dedicated driver. I would have gone into further detail had that been the subject of my Post. I am storngly against getting behind the wheel while under the influence. I have children myself, I would never think of endangering a soul. I must add this. GUYS, I post to this sight because I enjoy the comeraderee, I have been here for a few years now and I agree with were everone came from with the drunk driving thought but please dont be so quick to judge people in the future. Cant we just hug and get along. Spread the love fellas its Christmas Time
This is the quote where some will question your drinking, and why people (myself included) jumped to the conclusion that your were drunk.

Had a few drinks so wasnt thinking as I should be.
IMO if you had enough to drink to alter your thinking process you were driving drunk. Also, when people say a few drinks it generally implies at least 3 drinks were consumed, not just "one or two", or a "couple".

It's best just to leave the drinking statements out of anything that deals with driving your truck and all will be good.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:17 AM

The loop that holds the bearing was so bent that we couldnt get to the bolts that hold it. Had to bend it back a lil first. The bearing was gone. The Compound setup im running have been dynoed on Tim Barbers truck at around the 800 hp mark. I have them turned down a lil though so I would think I am around the 700 hp range. I think come next year I am going to be racing a lil so I may look into the one piece unit