3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anymore free or cheap MODS??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasn't a tuner for timing made or going to be made? I like the in cab ajustability also.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Banned

wow, tok me longer to read this thread than to do the mod.
takes a 15mm socket, a 1/2 drive wrench a drill and mayby 10 min to do..

1. use 1/2 drive ratchet to remove belt from lower pully, flip belt up out of the way
2. loosen the 4 15 mm bolts on dampener
3. remove dapener and tone ring
4. drill dowel pin hole oversize
5. reinstall
6. before final tightening of 4 bolts turn fully clock wise when viewed from the front.
7. put belt on
8. enjoy

fyi: i walked a high scool kid thru this over the phone in less than 15 min... this includes the tome it took for him to find tools and a sharp drill bit...
Old 05-23-2006, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by T1h5 Ta3
wow, tok me longer to read this thread than to do the mod.
takes a 15mm socket, a 1/2 drive wrench a drill and mayby 10 min to do..

1. use 1/2 drive ratchet to remove belt from lower pully, flip belt up out of the way
2. loosen the 4 15 mm bolts on dampener
3. remove dapener and tone ring
4. drill dowel pin hole oversize
5. reinstall
6. before final tightening of 4 bolts turn fully clock wise when viewed from the front.
7. put belt on
8. enjoy

fyi: i walked a high scool kid thru this over the phone in less than 15 min... this includes the tome it took for him to find tools and a sharp drill bit...
did it honestly make a difference? how much 1/4 and HP/TQ wise?
Old 05-24-2006, 03:47 AM

Well, Viking, I can tell you that in my truck there was a difference that you could actually feel. For a free mod that's awesome. I'm getting on the dyno in two weeks and if you want to send me $65.00 I'll put it on the rollers without the perf boxes on and check if there was a gain!!
Honestly, I think the dyno numbers will be almost the same at the top end but the bottom end will have higher numbers. That's where you feel the difference. Maybe that will give you 1 or 2 tenths in the quarter mile, I don't know. This is more of a driveability mod than a performance mod...
Old 05-24-2006, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Well, Viking, I can tell you that in my truck there was a difference that you could actually feel. For a free mod that's awesome. I'm getting on the dyno in two weeks and if you want to send me $65.00 I'll put it on the rollers without the perf boxes on and check if there was a gain!!
Honestly, I think the dyno numbers will be almost the same at the top end but the bottom end will have higher numbers. That's where you feel the difference. Maybe that will give you 1 or 2 tenths in the quarter mile, I don't know. This is more of a driveability mod than a performance mod...
do yu want to walk me over this over the phone step by step like "T1h5 Ta3" does?
Old 05-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK , I have gutted the silencer and swiss cheesed my airbox, still running the stock air filter. What is the torque tube?

I am all into free mods as well, even though the $$$$$$ I jsut spent on my Bully Dog Power Pup is ...plus I do have my 4" exhaust here, waiting on my Magnaflow muff (on backorder). I also am comparing EGT number on performance setting (90HP) and Extreme (130HP) with the stock exhaust. Once I get my full exhaust on, I will run both Perf and Extr again to compare EGT's before and after exhaust install.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by SSminnow
What is the torque tube?
The tube from Turbo to Intake box is all restricted in the middle, pop the restriction tube out.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:05 PM

size bit ????????????

What size bit do i use to bore out the dowel pin hole????????Thanks
Old 05-24-2006, 10:28 PM

I just wallowed it out enough to allow some slack. Once that is done the tone wheel can only turn as much as the retaining bolt holes You would be hard pressed to go to big and over advance the timing. Especially since the cam is retarded by 6 degrees for emmissions. Just take a look when ya go to do the mod. Yall are thinking to much for a simple mod. Just pull, mod, and enjoy.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:33 PM

ok, but I am also hearing that its got crazy knocks when yu do the tone mod when its cold, I live in Chicago where its always cold
Old 05-25-2006, 04:15 AM

When it gets cold out just turn it back a little bit. I'm thinking about turning the TST off for a while and just running the EZ on level 1 and turning the ring again to see what kind of mileage I can get. I've always lost mileage with the EZ but I never tried it on level 1. With the new turbo and injectors it's actually driveable now. Before them it was just a dog! Derned SOs!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 05:44 AM

Coldest mine has seen was about 20 degrees. It rattled like crazy but no knocking.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
The tube from Turbo to Intake box is all restricted in the middle, pop the restriction tube out.

Yeah I have gutted the silencer, I did not know it was refered to as the torque tube as well.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:57 AM

I need someone to hold my hand on this TONE MOD, calling "T1h5 Ta3" for a phone convo, it would also be nice to see what the 1/4 mile and HP increase ROUGHLY is
Old 05-25-2006, 10:01 AM

SSMinnow, there is an aftermarket product called a Torque tube which replaces the factory tubing. Everybody now refers to even the stock one as a Torque tube.. I just made my own. Check my gallery....

Quick Reply: Anymore free or cheap MODS??