3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anybody Using PPE Xecelerator

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody Using PPE Xecelerator

Was checking out Pacific Performance Engineering's website and reading up on the PPE Xcelerator. And I was wondering if anyone was using one and what the overall consensus is on them
Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 PM

Talking

Quite simply, SMARTY Don't go PPE.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My neighbor put one on his d-max and seems pretty happy with it. Don't know of anyone using it on the Cummins. I'm sure there is, just haven't heard.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:58 PM

There is a guy on Dodge Truck World that goes by the name of "RamDaddy". He has one on his Cummins. He seems really happy with it although it smoked his tranny a few months back....
Old 07-11-2007, 11:52 PM

If you get one, get the hott. Ive have both the smarty and ppe. Personally i like the smarty with my setup. But the ppe hot is very strong. The smarty also lets you calibrate your sleedo which the ppe does not on dodges. Just my .02
Old 07-12-2007, 12:00 AM

Depending if your truck is a 04 or a 04.5 will dictate if you can go with the hot or not. Barry Voltner from NADP really likes the PPE, runs it on most of his fast trucks with a Dr Performance unit.. he is making good numbers with that combo.... personally I wasnt a huge fan,, but it did make power,, just didnt sit well with my truck for some reason

Kevin
Old 07-12-2007, 06:51 AM

I have a PPE Hot that i just got and have not tried. I am at present trying my BD with scary larry.
I am trying different pressure boxes ( puck/Dr P stage 3/MP-8) with both BD and the PPE to find out which one is best for my 05.

I have heard that you seem to have a 50/50 camp on the benefits from the PPE but to each their own.

When I get my favorite stack then I will have to post some results.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:19 AM

Try as I might I could not find out what they do with the PPE box (IE pressure, timing or duration) I know the Smarty gives you the option of Pressure only or pressure and timing. I am looking at getting a downloader for my 305/555 and just looking at all of my options. I know everyone is raving about the Smarty, but it seems to work better on the 04.5 and newer trucks. Does anyone know what is the best programer for the 305/555 motor?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:30 AM

I 2 have tried and tried to get a hold of PPE and nothing in return
i dont understand them i called them and e-mailed them

if they would talk to me i might be a buyer not sure why they are so up tight
Old 07-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Smokeitup
Try as I might I could not find out what they do with the PPE box (IE pressure, timing or duration) I know the Smarty gives you the option of Pressure only or pressure and timing.
Smarty does not give those options.

The new beta versions have added pressure, but there is no option to turn it on or off. The current (released) Smarty programs do not add any pressure.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:48 PM

i have a ppe hot on my 05 and i love it, it smoked my tranny pretty quick so i had to get a full billet ats
Old 07-12-2007, 10:58 PM

PPE programmer

Just got the PPE today. Was running Quad box. PPE seems to have power all through the rpm range.
I also noticed that with the PPE the engine does not clatter as it does with the Quad. Running the 215
setting. Smokes way more than the Quad. Allows for some good burnouts. I know some Dmaxs running them and all seem happy. Will report after the weekend on how it does. So far so good.

MegaOX
Old 07-13-2007, 12:29 AM

I have an Xcelerator that I got through ATS which I believe is the exact same as PPE's but just has ATS stickers on it. The power output and levels were all the same back when I researched it over a year ago. I still have it. I thought it worked great, but the only other thing I compared it to was the Dr. Performance 130 horse module. The Dr.P module was alright, but seemed like it lagged on the bottom end, then would kick in like mad. The PPE seemed more consistent all throughout, and gave some satisfying smoke too. I gained a lot when I stacked my TST on it, but it got hot too. I can't say it's one of the best ones to get because like I said I don't have much of anything else to compare it to.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:37 PM

03qclb5spd I have the same 130 hp Dr. P module, I agree totally with the poor bottom end but it sure does hit hard on the top. I would like something more linear all the way thru. It sounds like this PPE is starting to pull ahead of the smarty in my opion for the 305/555 crowd anyways. Thanks for the great info everybody, keep it coming.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:34 PM

My buddy still has that Dr P. module, but he wired a switch for it to be on or off in the cab. He has it stacked with his bully dog downloader. For what he has, the truck is pretty darn quick. He ran a 15.2 with it, but I can't remember which power adder he had if not both, plus that was with the stock trans. He now has a lot of Goerend internal parts along with a converter. I can take him from a roll pretty easy provided I choose the right gear, but off the line I get slaughtered. But hey, I got a stick, I have an excuse!

Anyway like I said I am happy with my PPE, and think I will stay away from the smarty for now. It rocks on the HO engines 04.5+ a buddy of mine put down 460+ to the wheels with it on his 06 with an HTS trans, intake and exhaust. That's awesome for just a programmer I thought. It's the thing on those, but I don't think it's any better than some of the other things out there for the 03/04....I could be wrong though.

Quick Reply: Anybody Using PPE Xecelerator