3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anybody using kodiak Sidewinder steps?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody using kodiak Sidewinder steps?

I'm thinking of installing the Kodiak Sidewinder Retractable Steps. I was wondering if anybody else has them and what they think of them. It doesn't look like they are to hard to install but I was wondering just how strong they are as I am about 240 pounds. Kodiak makes the ones for Dodge, they are the same except the wiring is a lot different. Dodge picks up the door open signal from a connector behind the dash. I found a site that will sell them for $398.00 (2ea.) and FREE shipping. Thanks
Old 12-19-2003, 04:08 PM

Re:Anybody using kodiak Sidewinder steps?

Well since nobody else seems to have them I thought I better be the one to check them out. Installed them today it took about 6 hours (I like to take my time) and it went very well. There directions are very good and well thought out. I could have wired the switch the way Dodge does it but I didn't want to pull the instrument cluster so I just used the button switches that are supplied with the kit. They work great and are very strong. I will try and get some pictures tomorrow to post.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:47 PM

I wrote an article about them is BASSWEST magazine. I was very impressed with this product!!!

I will have a set very soon.

Chad
Old 12-19-2003, 07:38 PM

I would love to have these steps on my truck. However, I would like to see some pictures first. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2003, 03:59 PM

Here are the ones I would like, however they are very pricey. About $1,200.00 I believe. They would be good because one set would do front and back. Does any body have them?

http://www.amp-research.com/oem/powerstep.htm
Old 12-20-2003, 05:36 PM

Posm, I checked them out before and you are right they are nice!!! But way out of my budget. Hell, my wife said the sidewinders were my christmas, birthday, anniversary and whatever present till 2005! I tried some pictures today and they didn't turn out to well. I will try again tomorrow, I have been trying to keep them small so they will be easier to post but they turn out really blue in color. Anyway my wife said she will take them for me tomorrow and they will be perfect. I just love being married to perfection. :
Old 12-21-2003, 11:25 AM

I have them and over all have had a good experience with them. I am on my second pair though. I bought the ones from Mopar and found that if you leave the key in the ignition and open the door that it sometimes confuses them and the only go down or up part way. I had to replace them because during one of the episodes were it only went down part way I pushed on it with my foot to force it all the way down and somehow stripped something. From that point forward it would only go down and not up. They are plenty sturdy and I would recommend them.
-Craig
Old 12-21-2003, 03:36 PM

OK, here are some pics. I hope this works.

Cutthroat, How did you wire your switches? With the button switch or pickup the door ajar light behind the instrument cluster? Jerry
Old 12-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Jerry, Feel free to post your pictures in the members photo section, then you can just add a link to them in your posts.

I removed the pictures from this thread as they are using valuable server space, and they will work better in the photo section for everyone.

If you need any help, let me know