3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anybody running the Aurora 3000?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody running the Aurora 3000?

I have been checking into this turbo a bit...as compared to stock, it spools quicker than stock, claims great mid and decent high end torque, but what about the low end? If it is spooling quicker than the stocker and is made for towing, the low end must be pretty decent too, no? The reason that I am asking is because after all of the mods that I have planned in the future for my truck, this turbo is sounding like it will support my needs and HP wants better than the A2k...any feedback will be great. Thanks

Derek
Old 01-17-2007, 09:56 PM

I have a buddy who has one on a duramax. And he said he loves it but hard to compare his truck to a real one
Old 01-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rollinsmoke
I have a buddy who has one on a duramax. And he said he loves it but hard to compare his truck to a real one
I hear that! I think that merely the fact that it spools nearly 2 full seconds to 23psi quicker than stock is great in itself. It claims that it is good to go for 350-450hp configurations, but the tests ATS did with it on a Cummins was at 574hp and it was FINE. I am planning a VP44, 110hp injectors, Edge J/A and BDTD stack, 14mm headstuds and OptionIV ATS tranny and seeing where that puts me. Of course this will take some time...I only have approx 7500 miles on the truck and don't have much need for this stuff yet, but these are just in my mind

Derek
Old 01-17-2007, 11:05 PM

[QUOTE=derek.mckay;1306176 I am planning a VP44, [/QUOTE] i dont think it will work very well
Old 01-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fjbiker86
i dont think it will work very well
agreed! Glacier would be better
Old 01-18-2007, 03:08 AM

ATS's Aurora series of turbos seem to be a real hit.
I love my Aurora 5000
Old 01-18-2007, 06:19 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look up omaharam, he has one and seems to like it.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:13 PM

I do like. However, IT DOES NOT SPOOL FASTER THAN STOCK! I wish I had lots of money and could put a SPS62 on there and compare and then I'd know I had the best choice. I bought my 3k used is why I went that route. It does make more power sooner than stock. In other words, from a dead stop to accross an intersection, the stock leaves a little harder - I was running the stocker up to 45-46psi. It would spin the 315s in first (no power breaking) and 2nd gear scratch. I went to the 3k and it no longer spins from a dead stop without power breaking. However, by the time you're 2/3 through 1st gear it is making more power and the 2nd gear scratch is at least twice as long as it was with the stocker. It also pull MUCH harder on the top end. I am getting about 40psi out of it in 1st through 3rd and then 4th hits and it spikes to 45 and then drops back off. I also did the ATS manifold at the same time as the 3k. I have not pulled with it yet, but think I will like it. I will be on the dyno on Sunday, and will be posting numbers Sunday night or Monday.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:16 PM

Here is the thread I started when I first installed it.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=122938
Old 01-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 973604x4
agreed! Glacier would be better
Wow, you all don't mess around do ya'll? Thought this was a bit harsh...I didn't know that the VP44s were that inferior to the Glaciers...but now I do I reckon. I have owned several diesels, not all of them being trucks, but this will definitely be the first to receive BOMBs in the future...so anywhere I am lacking, I am personally holding you all with experience responsible to help me put the hp and tq to the ground...thanks for these replies ya'll...real eye openers!

Derek
Old 01-19-2007, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by derek.mckay
I didn't know that the VP44s were that inferior to the Glaciers...but now I do I reckon. I have owned several diesels, not all of them being trucks, but this will definitely be the first to receive BOMBs in the future...so anywhere I am lacking, I am personally holding you all with experience responsible to help me put the hp and tq to the ground...thanks for these replies ya'll...real eye openers!

Derek
Actually i think they were poking fun @ ya. The VP44 was the Injector pump on the 1998.5-2002 24 valve ISB engine,on our echo engines (ISBe) the injector pump is the CP3. The glacier diesel setup is the lift pump.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by derek.mckay
Wow, you all don't mess around do ya'll? Thought this was a bit harsh...I didn't know that the VP44s were that inferior to the Glaciers...but now I do I reckon. I have owned several diesels, not all of them being trucks, but this will definitely be the first to receive BOMBs in the future...so anywhere I am lacking, I am personally holding you all with experience responsible to help me put the hp and tq to the ground...thanks for these replies ya'll...real eye openers!

Derek
Originally Posted by fjbiker86
i dont think it will work very well
Yes what the other guy said about VP44s....those are on the 24 valves, we have CP3's on ours with a weak factorly lift pump. I was just seconding what the other guy said . No harm meant, just jokin with ya. We all have to learn somewhere. trust me....years ago i drove a gas chevy!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 973604x4
Yes what the other guy said about VP44s....those are on the 24 valves, we have CP3's on ours with a weak factorly lift pump. I was just seconding what the other guy said . No harm meant, just jokin with ya. We all have to learn somewhere. trust me....years ago i drove a gas chevy!
Nah, no harm no foul...I just felt a bit retarded is all...I was just scrolling around the ATS website when I saw those injectors. I have noticed that a few of the products on that site are a bit lacking in specifics...reckon that's why I made the mistake...see, if you read here, it doesn't list a specific year for the VP44s I was looking at http://www.atsdiesel.com/atswebsite/...e/FuelPump.asp and down at the bottom, lists dual CP3s...I was thinking that I would just need modded CP3s, not duals for the application I was thinking about, right? Wouldn't duals suit twins and bigger turbos and such more than what I was looking for? Thanks again for the replies, ya'll...like I said, as far as upgrading these trucks, I am pretty dumb...I can do simple bolt ons, and heck, if I had the part sitting in front of me, be it CP3s to performance modules, I could figure out which bolts and lines go where, but when it comes to the logistics of it all, I'm just stumped! LOL

Derek