3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anybody Have a FOLD A COVER, bed cover?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've noticed on mine that during a hard rain there is some water that drips at the side edges. I keep things I want dry centered in the bed and not under the sides of the cover and have not had any problems. I'm very happy with the cover.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say that their "96% figure" is about right. I have never noticed any water in the bed of my truck after it rains or after washing it, but just by the design of it I don't think they could claim it to be 100% waterproof. I think any water that could get in would have to seep in from around the edges and would be very minimal.

The panels do not rattle or bounce when stacked behind the cab. I suppose they could try to jump around if you were doing some heavy duty 4-wheeling, but they have straps that snap the covers in place while they are stacked.

Once you install your cover and the rails of the cover are set in place, removal ane re-installation of the panels is relatively easy. The rails stay in place.

The drilling is for the latch that the hook on the back panel slides into to lock the tailgate. You drill two small holes in the top inside of the tailgate for rivets to attach the latch. As I said in my first post, the locking system works well, but if you have to access the bed as often as I do it gets tedious having to unlock the the back panel and lift it to open the tailgate. That's why I got rid of the latch that came with the cover and installed an automatic lock that is wired into my door locks. It works great.

The one that comes from Mopar looks just like the Fold-a-cover but I'm not sure if it is.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

My foldacover is on but not a lot of rain since it is on so I can't comment on the water issue. I think the manufacturer is covering themselves due to the variations of the rubber seal that you must apply(temperature variations with the 3-m tape).They tell you this on the warrenty paperwork. However, just by the design I think it will provide as much protection as a soft cover plus it is lockable. The install was quite easy I did it in the dark in my driveway because I wanted it on before I go camping this weekend. Worked a lot of hours this week and after dark was the only time available for the install. After this weekend camping trip I am going to reinstall because it is a little off center. Highly recommend Truckadons.com. The rails were damaged in shipping. The rounded pieces of plastic at the tailgate were broke off of each. I called foldacover tech. support and explained the problem. They gave me the part numbers for each plastic piece and told me they are riveted on to the rail. I then called Truckadons.com and told them of the problem. They took my information and told me they will have the pieces direct shipped from the manufacturer for me to install. This saved me the time of shipping the rails back and waiting for new rails. Right now the cover is on and usable without the cosmetic rounded plastic pieces. Once I have the time to reinstall and sqare everything up it should look sweet. I was also concerned about the length when folded back due to the fifth wheel . There is plenty of clearence.