3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

anybody else having problems with recon??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody else having problems with recon??

I ordered a third brake light from them in the first part of september and got an e-mail saying that they shipped out with my line of fire on the 12th. I have still not recieved the third brake light and have been unable to get a definitive date as to when they will be in. I am very dissapointed with them and want to know if anybody else has ordered theirs and gotten them already.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:33 PM

I ordered one about the same time and after 3 weeks called and they said that they were on back order for another 3 weeks so I cancelled my order. The guy was a jerk, he said he was glad I was cancelling cause they needed so many to fill the orders they were getting.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:12 PM

I ordered a predator box from them and was over a month getting it. I call ed in to cancell the order after recieving no reply's to my questions and recieved my order 2 days later. i will not bother to order from them again.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:22 PM

mid september and still waiting. They did send out an email it would be awhile. I was actually gonna call tomorrow too.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:10 PM

I recieved an e-mail from them today stating that they just got hit by a major hurricane and cannot ship anything. It will be next week before they will be up and running again. But my question is if they got hit by the hurricane how are they able to respond to e-mails but not ship product. I thaught there were 3 million people without power. No power no computer or servers either. Kinda makes me even more suspicious. Anyone know where they are located... Because I don't think that any hurricanes have hit lets just say california or arizona????
Old 10-27-2005, 09:22 PM

well I just got mine in the mail today or yesterday. The packaging was nice and the unit seems solid. Seems like it should seal well. I havent put it on because they want you to either tap the wires with scotch locks or cut the factory plug off. Id rather look around for an old light or find the plug on the net somewhere.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:15 AM

On a different subject, I had a problem with the cab lights and emailed them about it. They said they will look into it and get back to me. 2 days later I had a brand new set Fed Ex'd to me at no-charge. Now thats service and I will buy from them again!
Old 10-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Banned

I'm so-so pleased with the quality of their cab lights. I've tried everything short of welding them to my roof to get them to stop leaking and I can't. Any ideas?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:21 PM

clear silicone caulking. mine dont leak unless i spraythe pressure hose right at em. other than that they have a slight chrome peeling problem.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:28 PM

Chances are the leaking is coming through the screw heads, not the bottom seal. After you install them. Fill the screw hole with silicone. You can dig it out later if you need to.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:58 PM

Hey, some of you guys with the Recon LED 3rd brake light need to post pictures of that thing!
Old 01-03-2006, 06:24 PM

I will as soon as my truck gets back.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:35 PM

I just went outside and hooked mine up to the battery, I must say it looks sweet, bright as I dont know what this thing really throws some light.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:33 AM

personally I think that the cargo lights are very dark when installed on the truck. The look bright when looking into them but they don't cast enough light to see anything in the bed at night. I am considering either installing some kind of headache rack with some work lights or doing something. I hiik and unhook my gn trailer alot and most of the time it is in the dark. The thing I do like about this light is it looks cool and the brake light is insanely bright. It lights up the bed more than the cargo light does.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:19 AM

Is there a way to JUST turn the cargo light on in our trucks without also having the interior dome light come on, killing your night vision?

Quick Reply: anybody else having problems with recon??