3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Anybody dyno w/ the Crazy Larry program

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 05:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was told that my power pup wouldnt be hurt by the turbo but that it wouldnt respond as well to the bigger turbo as say a tst would,seems if the cldl gets boost over about 35 psi on its own,funky things start happening.....this came from the top at bdog...i wish it did more for my truck but i am happy with the drive and responce of the pup and with the power play,,,,,awesome
Old 05-13-2005, 08:11 AM

CarolinaThunder...it takes the same amount of fuel to move that trailer with a fuel box or without to drag that trailer at that same speed. In other words....if you drive exactely the same speed with fueling enhancements as you did with out...you will have basically the same egts...just less pressure on the go pedal.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:21 AM

But what about getting on the interstate? We all know there are some stupid drivers out there that don't move and you have to hammer it to get on. Should I worry about this? And what about the mountains?
Old 05-13-2005, 03:36 PM

All I am saying...is iff you don't accellerate quicker than before your fueling enhancement or cruise any faster...your really not going to change your EGT's.

BUT...nobody mods without driving faster!

Anyways...the TST can be dialed in for any situation. You will love it. No other product gives control of the fuel curve like TST. 81 possible combos! I am sure one will work for your truck, load, style, etc.

The Pup will also work just fine for you. Get the Outlook Monitor so you can turn it down while driving incase you are fueling too much for your load.

The bottom line is...once you add some power...you will never regret it!
Old 05-13-2005, 09:13 PM

TST's out of my league...I will end up spending thousands on my truck! Due to me being a hardcore Dragracer I will end up with a $6000 trans a some really big turbos, Huge injectors, Huge exhaust coming out of bed and all the other goodies, I know I will with a TST. Just want something to spank a 5.3L chevy and blow some smoke! and finally turn over my rear tires!
Old 05-13-2005, 10:11 PM

Just something to think about too. When I get into it at all with the crazy larry down loaded it smokes alot. Wich some of the time is ok, but if there is a motorcycle behind you its rude and dangerous for him.
Also dont depend on the defuel feature with the outlook, I've rarely heard of anyones working. Food for thought
Old 05-13-2005, 11:01 PM

I was looking for my dyno sheets. I do not recall exact numbers. But they were pretty good.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:23 AM
Banned

I hate to keep harping on this, but where are the STOCK dyno charts? I can't even find any real dyno charts on Bully Dog's website. I'm really thinking about stacking this product with my current SP Eliminator, but I'd like to see what it would do by itself first.

There have got to be some stock people out there that have dynoed this downloader.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:12 AM

CTDhokie,

When I get my downloader I'll get some dyno results stock except the mods in my sig. Because I plan on being stock with just the pup for a while. I'll test stock, Tow, Performance, and Extreme.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Banned

Thanks, it will be great to see the numbers
Old 06-08-2005, 12:05 AM

Okay here is a Stock truck on a Mustang Dyno Uncorrected with a 27" Magnaflow muffler installed. 599.32 TRQ 307.02HP

This is The same truck running 6" Minus Cat-back Uncorrected running the Extreme BDDL without the CLDL. We installed that later and did not have time to run dyno tests with that.

889.49TRQ 481.6HP

I should have my truck back by end of week with a new ATS stage V with billet input and Billet Flywheel. I will run a couple of runs on CLDL to see what happens. After I save a little more after this expense I will get my head studded and o-ringed and and some more goodies. I am going to be running on a Mustang Dyno again, but at see level this time.

Sorry it took so long to Find these. Will post with the ATS results.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:19 AM

I called bully to find out how much Hp is derived from rail pressure on crazy Larry . They kept going on & about proprietary information. Does anybody out there Know???? And cant find any dyno sheets on there site. Thanks for posting dyno numbers . doug
Old 06-08-2005, 08:51 PM

i had my cldl on the dyno 3 times and it hasnt broken 420 hp and 840 lbs of tq yet,and yes it has been sent back to bdog and still the same ole same ole...
Old 06-09-2005, 05:43 PM

I really cannot complain then I guess. I was pretty impressed with it for only having the one DL'er installed. I was think about stacking with a Torque Dog, but I was told that I have to take care of my head first. (The one on the truck)
Old 06-09-2005, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by CTDHokie
Thanks, it will be great to see the numbers
CTDHokie - Let me know results of stacking as I have pretty close setup and the Eliminator is on the way !! I have been following your posts for awhile and you are hooked up with the guys at SP . Let me know how the R & D goes .

Quick Reply: Anybody dyno w/ the Crazy Larry program