3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Any one else pulling a 48RE???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one else pulling a 48RE???

Any one else? How did you get your best results? manualy shifting, letting the computer shift it? Wes
Old 04-23-2007, 07:13 AM

I don't have your HP but when I'm DRAGGIN hay (#23,000) down the road (trailer weighs 7500 with 157 -100LB bales of hay)

tow mode , foot on the floor
Old 04-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Banned

Yea, thats what i did, but im talking about hooked to a sled? Im used to pulling a standard and now im in a auto so im learning all over again. lol.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Banned

Probably want to ask this question in the competition/sled pulls section.

SHane
Old 04-23-2007, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by dodgeboy59td
Any one else? How did you get your best results? manualy shifting, letting the computer shift it? Wes
I have been pulling my truck for two years. Probably 40 some hooks. I manually shift my truck. But THe reason I do this is because I havent been able to do away with tourque management. My truck will fall flat on its face in drive off the line. Tried BD box and also manually jumpering the speed sensor - nothing I have tried does away with it. It is a real pain. Between 1st and second I manually lock up the TC.

I think there are some guys who run the Bully dog that can do away with the TQ managemnt with the program. But I dont want to switch becasue I like what I got.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

i have the bully dog with that feature, i didnt have it turned off, so maybe thats what i need to try? Mine didnt fall on its face, but it was hurtin. Thanks for the replies.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:21 AM

i have the bully dog with that feature, i didnt have it turned off, so maybe thats what i need to try? Mine didnt fall on its face, but it was hurtin. Thanks for the replies.
Do you have a valve body? Or any other tranny upgrades?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Banned

yea, ats TC and VB with a Woodruff diesel fully built tranny.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Banned

Disable torque management with the Bullydog...then go try!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:28 AM

yea, ats TC and VB with a Woodruff diesel fully built tranny.
Try this. Build 18-20 lbs leave the line and as soon as the truck goes to 2nd hit your lockup switch. Now some might say build bigger boost and hit the lockup as soon as you leave but I have seen to many guys not have their boost up enough and fall under turbo when locked up. Of course there are many ways to pull but just fool with it and you will figure out the best for you.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

Ill have to call bully dog and get the unlock code for it and try it at the next pull. thanks guys.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dan Marino
I have been pulling my truck for two years. Probably 40 some hooks. I manually shift my truck. But THe reason I do this is because I havent been able to do away with tourque management. My truck will fall flat on its face in drive off the line. Tried BD box and also manually jumpering the speed sensor - nothing I have tried does away with it. It is a real pain. Between 1st and second I manually lock up the TC.

I think there are some guys who run the Bully dog that can do away with the TQ managemnt with the program. But I dont want to switch becasue I like what I got.
This is a little side track since it's not about pulling, but, I have to know.
So what is the difference if you shift it manually vs leaving it in "D" as far as the TQ management is concerned. I know that shifting it manually allows the TC to lock in 2-4, but you have a lock up switch, so what are you benefiting by shifting manualy? Are you saying there is no TQ management when you shift it yourself?
Old 04-23-2007, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
This is a little side track since it's not about pulling, but, I have to know.
So what is the difference if you shift it manually vs leaving it in "D" as far as the TQ management is concerned. I know that shifting it manually allows the TC to lock in 2-4, but you have a lock up switch, so what are you benefiting by shifting manualy? Are you saying there is no TQ management when you shift it yourself?
With my truck there is no TQ management when I manually shift it. Thats the only way I have found to do away with it in 2WD, 4-hi and 4-lo. There are several guys here that used the BD Box Top speed eliminator and it helped them. I could never get it to do away with the bottom end but it would do away with the rev liniter up top.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Marino
With my truck there is no TQ management when I manually shift it. Thats the only way I have found to do away with it in 2WD, 4-hi and 4-lo. There are several guys here that used the BD Box Top speed eliminator and it helped them. I could never get it to do away with the bottom end but it would do away with the rev liniter up top.
When you say "YOUR" truck, did you do something to make that happen, or are all trucks that way? I have never heard of this before, and my truck is still at FLoor It, so I can't go outside and test it.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

dodge boy, do you have a billet input, output, and intermediate? If not i wouldnt pull with your power at all. I pull mine quite a bit, i usually just leave it in drive.

Quick Reply: Any one else pulling a 48RE???