3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Any Edge Insight CTS users???

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Any Edge Insight CTS users???

Well I broke down and bought tht Edge Insight CTS with the dash mount and adapter, Backup camera, and the expandable EGT kit. It was alot of cash but was the only item out with all the options I want. I personally like digital gauges that have an alarm, or flashing alert that the user can define for specific fields. ie EGT temp and one that will log the high temp. Nothing worse than trying to look at an analog gauge while driving, JMO.
What sold me was the backup camera. My new job is going to allow me to fish once a week this spring and summer. My boat is rather hard to hook up by yourself and you are not moving it around if you are off a little bit. I know some have not been happy due to it not reading all peramiters, mainly 2004 models.

So if you have one do you like it? I am having a little buyers remorse due to the price, but in the long run I think it is going to be perfect for me.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had mine for only 3 weeks. I didn't get the back up camera, but might in the future. I had used an Superchips Flashpaq for the past 4 years. I didn't have gauges, but I never towed or raced so I wasn't worried. I bought a travel trailer and a enclosed car trailer and started towing. I needed gauges and I didn't like having to wait to change the program.

I killed two birds at once by getting the Insight with CTS. I did try Quadzilla first and didn't like it much. I didn't think it made as much power as the Superchips and I hated the bland digital display. My dealer allowed me to trade to the Edge. It was several hundred bucks more and I too had a little buyers remorse. Here are my observations:

1. Still feel that the Superchips makes more power. (I haven't purchased the hot unlock)

2. Love the shift on the fly

3. Great digital gauges. Easy to read and adjust.

4. Like the warnings and the de-fueling that the Superchips didn't have.

5. Easier to install then Quad

6. Can't compare the EGT's with Superchips since I didn't have gauges, but pulling a load up hill or romping on it to 80 getting on the freeway I see 1500 and it starts to defuel. At least I know now and will be looking for ways to lower them.

Good luck with yours and let me know how you like the backup camera.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:10 PM

I've had the Insight CS/EGT/ and mount in the cart for the last few days waiting to pull the trigger. I've got a Smarty and the edge seems to be a good gap fill.

I read that there was an update that came out about a month ago that fixed the display for trans temp.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:44 AM

Not yet. I read and was told the same thing when I bought it roughly 6 weeks ago. I was at SEMA and talked with Edge and they said they were still beta testing and it would be out "anyday". That was three weeks ago and it is still not out. Hopefully soon.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:29 AM

I know a lot of guys have had technical issues with them as well
Old 01-26-2011, 03:42 PM

I just installed mine yesterday and like it a lot. I am still debating on what to actually have showing--I like the analog show. I still have to install my EGT probe.

My unit did automatically show the trans temp so that is good--I was worried about that after seeing what others had posted. I do wonder how "accurate" the trans temp reading is, or where it is getting the reading from. After sitting n my garage all night in high 20 degree weather the gauge showed the trans temp at 55 when I started this morning. I had the engine plugged in so I guess there was some ambient heat around, but I would have expected the temp to show closer to what the air temperature would be after sitting for eight hours.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RyeThomas
Well I broke down and bought tht Edge Insight CTS with the dash mount and adapter, Backup camera, and the expandable EGT kit. It was alot of cash but was the only item out with all the options I want. I personally like digital gauges that have an alarm, or flashing alert that the user can define for specific fields. ie EGT temp and one that will log the high temp. Nothing worse than trying to look at an analog gauge while driving, JMO.
What sold me was the backup camera. My new job is going to allow me to fish once a week this spring and summer. My boat is rather hard to hook up by yourself and you are not moving it around if you are off a little bit. I know some have not been happy due to it not reading all peramiters, mainly 2004 models.

So if you have one do you like it? I am having a little buyers remorse due to the price, but in the long run I think it is going to be perfect for me.
I am going to be getting one in the coming months. I will be using it as a secondary set of gauges. I currently have analog and digital gauges on my dash and the analon are 100x easier to read at a fast glance (towing on a windy hill for example, others will use race example). But I want the Insight to monitor a few things that have to be digital, IAT, coolant temp, load. I will also use it for a post-turbo pyro, and will move from an analog oil psi gauge to a digital on the insight. I will eventually get psi/temp senders for oil temp, trans temp, diff temp, and maybe a pre-filter fuel psi. It will also do rail pressure which is nice and worth most the cost right off the bat.

I have been wanting something better than my SGII, and a the Insight is perfect. Shortly they will also have the option for a turbo timer, which is perfect since I will be using it for post-tubro temps which are better for shutdown temps.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:02 AM

Gotta say I am very happy with my purchase. It will be even better if Edge comes out with all the new devices they are talking about, such as FP sensor, the update for turbo timer, etc. If they can pull it off they will really have the best all around electronic monitor money can buy.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by zachv
I just installed mine yesterday and like it a lot. I am still debating on what to actually have showing--I like the analog show. I still have to install my EGT probe.

My unit did automatically show the trans temp so that is good--I was worried about that after seeing what others had posted. I do wonder how "accurate" the trans temp reading is, or where it is getting the reading from. After sitting n my garage all night in high 20 degree weather the gauge showed the trans temp at 55 when I started this morning. I had the engine plugged in so I guess there was some ambient heat around, but I would have expected the temp to show closer to what the air temperature would be after sitting for eight hours.
so your edge does show trans temp? i was lead to believe that it did not show. what about boost?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:18 PM

needs some help

just installed insight cts on my 06 dodge with the probe everything works great a lot off options to play with but how do i get the transmision temp setting cant find it when im scrolling throught the options
Old 08-13-2011, 10:31 PM

CTS may not read trans temp on 06. Did you set up your fusion ? might need to update or call EDGE . When I got mine did an update and got a few more options. My 08 read trans temp as soon as I plugged it in. Best bet would be to call edge .
Old 08-14-2011, 06:58 AM

Your 06 will read trans temp. Just beware most are complaining of it reading 15 or so degrees hot when compared to a mech gauge.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by RyeThomas
Your 06 will read trans temp. Just beware most are complaining of it reading 15 or so degrees hot when compared to a mech gauge.

thanks for the update. yes i did get it to work on the 06 just had to re-update and now i do get the option