3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

another commander problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 06:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
another commander problem

this is what is happening now! when i start off from a stop fairly aggressively-the screen does a complete flip flop. the numbers which are dark in color become the light background color, and the light background color now become the dark color which is the original color of the numbers! does this for a few seconds-then the screen goes back to normal! anybody else have this problem?????????
plus i am still having the original problem of my water temp flashing periodically over the entire screen in big numbers- the number being flashed is alway around 190-193 degrees. my warning temp is set ate 210! i called them last week. they told me to do the new down load which haven't had a chance to do yet. i doubt this will fix the screen flipping back and forth, though. this is already my second commander! the first was replaced after one week!!! i
Old 01-17-2007, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The flipping is caused by something trying to de-fuel. When the screen inverts that is showing that it is de-fueling in some sort of way. There are many, many things that it can de-fuel from.

Now on the coolant problem. Next time this happens go to the records section and see what the min/max is on the coolant. The large screen is when you have a warning set. When the warning is reached it will turn the screen to a large single display and flash until the warning is no longer hitting the pre-set value.

Now how to fix it.
A.) Find what is causing it to de-fuel. Go through all of the de-fuel menus and make certain the are turned off.
B.)Check your records and see if the Commander is actually seeing the temperature sensor spike. This could be caused by an air bubble, bad thermostat, or sometimes a stuck thermostat. If this is the case the update may actually fix this because we do more filtering on some of the sensors to avoid a spike reading. Remember the digital gauges are extremely fast and sensitive. We took some of the sensitivity out on things like water temperature.
C.) Check all of your warnings and make sure the coolant is not set to something else.
D.) Make certain you are on the correct year model for your truck. I am sure it is just make sure.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thanks for the advice- the coolant warning is set for 210 degrees. the warning flashed on the way hone at 193-195. i never see temps higher than 191. i'll check into the other suggestions.