3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Amsoil Injen Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amsoil Injen Air Intake

Hope this is not a repost, I didn't see it. It looks really nice, but on the expensive side.

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/injen.aspx
Old 03-05-2008, 12:18 PM

I find this hard to believe on a stock truck that it would make that much of a different. If you take a look at Diesel power mag's 309 every time for the Cummins intakes.

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/g...ers/index.html

You'll see that this no difference. Alot of $$ for nothing more than something that you can do yourself (aka Willie Wistler or swiss cheesed box or cool tube or etc.)
Old 03-06-2008, 08:49 AM

"Cold Air" intake is all hype for nothing anyways. The turbo's compressing air and heating it up in the process anyways so what difference does the incoming air temp make? That said there are some really nice looking CAI intakes out there but I wouldn't take nothing for my whistler.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
The turbo's compressing air and heating it up in the process anyways so what difference does the incoming air temp make?
Pretty straight forward really....colder air in = colder air out. Even with a charge-air cooler in place, charge-air temps can get very high which only contributes to higher egt's. Send cooler air to the turbo and you have bought yourself a little more time before the charger super heats the air charge. This really only becomes much of a factor when exceeding stock fueling levels. It is interesting to note the effect of ambient air temperatures on EGT's. Dyno testing a stationary vehicle with the hood up won't give much useful real world data on how well a cold air intake works. Sometimes, the importance of a good intake is overlooked in the name of peak power. Lower EGT's are why I use a good CAI. Fuel makes the power....the CAI just lets me use more fuel before critical EGT's are reached.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:53 AM

I wanted one till I saw the price. What are they smoking!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by blkt6
WOW. I just noticed the price now. Someone needs to tell them that glue isn't good for you. WOW.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CTD NUT
Pretty straight forward really....colder air in = colder air out. Even with a charge-air cooler in place, charge-air temps can get very high which only contributes to higher egt's. Send cooler air to the turbo and you have bought yourself a little more time before the charger super heats the air charge. This really only becomes much of a factor when exceeding stock fueling levels. It is interesting to note the effect of ambient air temperatures on EGT's. Dyno testing a stationary vehicle with the hood up won't give much useful real world data on how well a cold air intake works. Sometimes, the importance of a good intake is overlooked in the name of peak power. Lower EGT's are why I use a good CAI. Fuel makes the power....the CAI just lets me use more fuel before critical EGT's are reached.
Nobody makes a CAI other than the factory box or the PSM . That is why I'm thinking about going back to the factory box.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IIRC the wholesale/member price is around $420.00. So for a $10. membership you can buy it at a lower price.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by firemanram
Nobody makes a CAI other than the factory box or the PSM . That is why I'm thinking about going back to the factory box.
OOOOOOOk.....I'm not sure I follow. Any intake assembly that draws ambient air from outside of the vehicle compared to drawing it from under the hood is typically considered a CAI. Many of the aftermarket intake assemblies fit this criteria. Granted, some do not - but many do.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by blkt6
Say no to crack.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:20 AM

Anyone bought one of these yet? I really like them, and I saw them in person at the last Amsoil sales meeting, and they ARE very nice, but I just can't justify that kinda coin, even at dealer/member cost...
Scott
Old 04-26-2008, 02:05 AM

I like the intake too, but Amsoil's price is insane. It is cheaper to buy it from one of the magazine advertizers.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:16 AM

These are really high quality, I can tell you that, but even at dealer/member cost, the price is a bit too much for me to bear, when I can make my own "torque tube" for $60 and buy an Amsoil EAAU4510 filter and have essentially the same thing.
Scott
Old 04-26-2008, 07:06 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by CrazyCooter
I like the intake too, but Amsoil's price is insane. It is cheaper to buy it from one of the magazine advertizers.
Yeah,you're right - - - - - - but it's sooo ppuurrddyy.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just ordered one. $485.95 free shipping

Still expensive but not as bad as the initial prices I saw.

Quick Reply: Amsoil Injen Air Intake