3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

AirDog150 pressure fluctuations?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine drops to zero also they said something could be stuck in the cp3 like the fca or something like that I dont know. I was going have them check it out when the work on the cp3 again
Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
Sounds like you're sucking air. How much fuel at the time? You use a draw straw or canister mod? Return goes to the filler neck?
My AD is extremely quiet.

AS for how much fuel - dropping to zero pressure - it doesnt matter. It will do it sometimes after startup or under hard acceleration. I think I have seen it happen also when I let off under hard accelaration.

Fluctuating between 17 -12 lbs - never matters how much fuel. It will do it anytime in any weather.

Draw Straw and return to filler neck.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:39 AM

Hmmmmph, if it does it all the time including when you're full I guess you're draw straw is down in the fuel, got no idea what's going on unless you're fittings are loose or something got a problem with the pump¿?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:08 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Pulled the black cover yesterday and could only get the 2 gears to come out, nothing else would budge. I'll probably end up pulling the pump out and setting it on a work bench to get into it. The only thing I saw was a slight rub (shiny section) on the inside of the pump cover. Not sure if thats the rubbing that AD was talking about. Called AD yesterday and got no return call. I was a bit hacked over that seeing that I left them a message at 3:00 pm yesterday. Maybe today I'll hear something back. Friggin pressure surges are driving me crazy. The only time the pressure rises to around 18psi is when I have a bad vibration in the return line. When the pressure drops the pump gets super quiet....a little concerned over that!!! I'm at a loss.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 AM

jhenson,

Did you ever hear back from AD about the pump?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:58 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Nope. No reply as of yet. Didn't have time to fool with it yesterday. Will probably pull everything apart this weekend and hopefully find an answer.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:15 PM

Enterprise Engine Performance got back with me this morning on the pump and said they don't think there is anything wrong with it. They apparently have an AD150 pump on one of their trucks and it was doing the same thing this past week when all of ours were screwed up as well. They plan to pull that one apart and look at it as well.

They got it back on the truck and said its running fine now normal PSI and its not blowing fuses. I'm perplexed!!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got the AD 100 and it also fluctuates between 12 - 18 mostly staying around 15. It does this at random times, or at least I can't pinpoint what variable is driving this fluctuation.

As for pump noise --- I can't tell over the freekin stacks!!!

Can't remember the name but the guys at AD were very helpful when I called and got parts out to me even with a Saturday delivery on their dime. I believe they stand behind their products. IF there is a problem I feel they will support it. I'm not going to mess with mine as I personally feel its working as designed. But I will following this thread for any development.....
Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 AM

Well scratch what I said about the AD150 working. Went to pick the truck up the other day from Enterprise Engine Performance and the AD150 went out right after they started the truck.

Called PureFlow Technologies (which is who I purchased the pump from back on 12/07) to get them to send me a new pump and wiring harness. I was told the pump was out of warranty.

Apparently the pumps only have a 1 year warranty on them. Kinda confusing considering PureFlow advertise the pump with a Lifetime Warranty. I was also informed that there should have been a warranty card included in the install box that had to be sent back in to PureFlow to activate the Lifetime Warranty. Now I bought this directly from PureFlow, They had all of my information on file why was I not told about sending a card back in when I purchased this product 1 year and 1 month ago?

Whatever....long short of it is PureFlow wanted another $50 out of me to activate my supposed Lifetime Warranty, then refused to cover shipping on their Lifetime Warranty product and wanted $140 for overnight shipping. At this point my truck has been out of commission for over 3 weeks.

I've read over and over in the forum about how great PureFlow's service is, frankly it was nonexistent and I'll keep my comments to my self about how I feel about a company trying to extort more money out of folks.

Now before you all jump my case about how great your experience has been with PureFlow, just remember this was my experience not yours and I sure hope you sent that warrenty card in cause if not...well I'm sure you'll quickly find out how PureFlow really takes care of their customers.

Signed the owner of a quiet, working, brand new FASS 150.