3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Airdog vs. Raptor and GDP MK-2

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do yourself a favor,..

And look at the Mitusa pump. The Mitusa makes more pressure/volume the faster you go!!!! Makes too much sense,.. right?
Old 05-22-2008, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
And look at the Mitusa pump. The Mitusa makes more pressure/volume the faster you go!!!! Makes too much sense,.. right?
You have a link? How was install? Any 1/4 tank issues?
Old 05-22-2008, 07:27 AM

Link

Originally Posted by Hintz
You have a link? How was install? Any 1/4 tank issues?
www.opieparts.com

Install would have been easy only I elected to keep my old Walbro as a backup but Opie (Of Opie parts) provided a schematic for me. We just followed his directions. I also opted for a dual 2mic filter setup,.. one in the rear with the water separator and the other 2 mic up front b-4 it goes to the rail to insure the best/cleanest fuel to the sticks. By the way this does NOT hurt the volume or fuel pressure as I've checked it several times and I have a fuel gauge in the truck. It's cool to see your pressure rap up instantly with the touch of the throttle. You need more,.. you got more,.. instantly.

I had a big line kit installed in the tank and my local shop did that (MCS Diesel) and I have no 1/4 tank issues.

They have two pumps they offer. The smaller will be all and more than you need for up to 700hp and the larger one (I opted for that) will take care of all my future needs.

The only possible downside I see is if you are an off roader. It runs off your front pulley (it's totally mechanical) you could possibly hurt it or loose the belt. I'm not an off roader so it's not an issue for me.

I couldn't be happier with this pump as I belive it to be the biggest producer of volume out there at 275gph. A lot of rated pumps will put out as advertised but won't maintain that volume,.. this one will.

Opie is on MT time if you call, fyi.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:44 AM

How do you like the belt driven pump, over your old Walbro?
Old 05-22-2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by blwnsmke
So what exactly is the problem with the 1/4 issue? Is it because peopl are cutting the actual draw straw to short??? Also how come some are saying they can't fill the tank up all the way?
It's not that you can't fill the tank all the way. You can't use all the fuel in the tank. Once your tank reaches 1/4 the pump starts to suck air. I was almost stranded by it the first time it happened. My mechanic didn't warn me...

I've been holding off on a fuel system precisely for this reason. The motor is all stock so far, so if I lose an injector due to filtration issues I'm still good under the warranty. I doubt, however, that the dealer will EVER see my truck. The last time it was on a dealer lot was the day I bought it.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by kuhkuhkyle
yeah Paul. no problems at all. I supply 27psi to the CP3 and it never drops below 24psi at wide open throttle. I was reluctant to do it, but was assured it does work. So I figured why not try it till i have some more time.

That's awesome! I just bought a Holley knock-off for $50 to try. If that fails I'll get the Raptor and hook it up inline with the factory pump and call it a day.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:12 AM

Dealer has not seen mine either since Novemebr 11, 2003 when my truck left the lot...LOL. 143k ago...
Old 05-22-2008, 01:37 PM

Mechanical vs electrical

Originally Posted by Hintz
How do you like the belt driven pump, over your old Walbro?
There is ZERO comparison. The Walbro 392 is a 85gph and my Mitusa is 275 gph. IMHO,.. volume at a specified controlable psi is the ticket. Seriously,..why have a modded cp3 or dual cp3s and bigger injectors and then not feed it the juice,.. doesn't work. The Walbros work good for an inexpensive lp to replace a stocker but not when your trying to feed a beast. They do work for some guys with big power when running in tandem (2 Walbros). Even the tandem setup doesn't come close to a Mitusa however,.. just my opinions on why this is NOT the place to scrimp on your ride for best results.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:28 PM

how does the GDP fuel boss compare? i get a lot of electrical noise from my walbro on my cb radio (plus my fuel pressure fluctuates a lot), and I was kinda debating on going with a mechanical pump to solve both issues. a better regulator might be the solution for my fluctuating pressure problem though...thoughts?