3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

airdog vs raptor

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hay..."thebestofindica" did you have to have the leveling kit to get the 35's to work...I'm reading they will fit on stock rims with slight rubbing full ****??? what have you experienced??
Old 08-28-2009, 06:44 PM

Tank -- Baldwin FS1212 -- Raptor Pump -- OE Filter Bowl w/ a PF7977 -- Cat 2um (1R-0750) -- Gauge sender -- CP3. Every filter is rated for 60GPH or better and gets you 2 f/w seps that meet OE requirement, and 2 filters that exceed OE filtration specs.

where is best place to buy these filters and housings? and what is cat 2um (1r-0750) and did you convert all your lines over to different fittings and tube??
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 PM

fisherguy, its not about the product- just had words with the guys at diesel performance products.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 450r
where is best place to buy these filters and housings? and what is cat 2um (1r-0750) and did you convert all your lines over to different fittings and tube??
I get my baldwin filters from the local big rig shop (peterbuilt usually carries them).. The Cat 2um 1R-0750 is a 2um (um is micron) filter, 1R-0750 is the model number, and I get it at my local cat shop. The filter bases I used are Baldwin FB1311, that I also got at the local big rig shop. I got all my fittings at a local hydraulic shop, and got my big line kit and hi-flow banjo's from GDP in Spokane. GDP also supplied the mount for my Cat 2um, its called their MK2+ big line Kit.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:27 PM

so, i have a few questions now too.
i used to run on my 03 a small filter before my pump, gdp392, into the stock canister with a luberfiner drop in 2 micron filter, i can't for the life of me find the part number but i will dig it up on a bill, cause i had to buy a case to get them.
this seemed pretty good till my mods got too big, and ran out of fuel to the stage 3 pump i had at that time.
i am now running on an 04, a fass 150, with fleet gaurd filter and separator, i think the filter is a 5 micron. it is plumbed directly to the CP3, and i would like to run the stock canister again.
so i was thinking of getting replace lines, cause the ones on the truck are a few years old and are starting to crack. i was going to get the new lines from glacier and an adaptor for a sending unit like i had on last truck that goes into the stock canister(fuel in) and through a 2 micron filter, and then to the CP3 pump.
my question is that a restriction having what i listed and what is it good for power wise???
i will be running twins soon, and having 2 or 3 power adders. right now i have a juice and ez and i have a smarty not being used yet.i like the idea of running the stock canister, cause the filters in a pinch are real easy to get, even if not a 2 or 3 micron, and the fuel heater in the stock canister, it gets cold here.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pullin hard
so, i have a few questions now too.
i used to run on my 03 a small filter before my pump, gdp392, into the stock canister with a luberfiner drop in 2 micron filter, i can't for the life of me find the part number but i will dig it up on a bill, cause i had to buy a case to get them.
this seemed pretty good till my mods got too big, and ran out of fuel to the stage 3 pump i had at that time.
i am now running on an 04, a fass 150, with fleet gaurd filter and separator, i think the filter is a 5 micron. it is plumbed directly to the CP3, and i would like to run the stock canister again.
so i was thinking of getting replace lines, cause the ones on the truck are a few years old and are starting to crack. i was going to get the new lines from glacier and an adaptor for a sending unit like i had on last truck that goes into the stock canister(fuel in) and through a 2 micron filter, and then to the CP3 pump.
my question is that a restriction having what i listed and what is it good for power wise???
i will be running twins soon, and having 2 or 3 power adders. right now i have a juice and ez and i have a smarty not being used yet.i like the idea of running the stock canister, cause the filters in a pinch are real easy to get, even if not a 2 or 3 micron, and the fuel heater in the stock canister, it gets cold here.

With the right fittings you should be fine running thru the stock canister. I would guess up thru 600-700hp, if not more.