3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Airdog/Raptor Long Term Reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my AD150, Its quiet up until you get low on fuel then it makes some noise.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

We include the BD In-Tank Retro fit kit with 06-07 Flow Max Kits.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:35 PM

This a Air dog ?, not bd. Go with the Airdog/Raptor, they have no doubt about there product with a lifetime warranty, not 5yrs.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AirDog
Not to hijack your thread which is clear was the only meaning. But I dont think he is looking for a pump with tons of volume. But a pump that will last forever. So your 5 year warranty isnt what hes looking for. Instead a good lifetime warranty.
So other than your limited warranty being longer, sell me on a Airdog, tells us what makes it better quality if we out-flow you and are quieter?

Once it starts pulling air, it will make noise. Hope you like the product.
Good answer

As do all AirDog and Raptor pumps. Both with lifetime warranties. That BD thing is $50 more and comes with only a 5 year warranty. I'd rather save $50 and have it guarenteed for life.
Personally I would rather spend $50 more and get a quieter, higher volume pump... personally preference I guess.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
How come we have Vendors going at each other in a thread about Air Dog products? I don't know where you guys think you are but we do not allow Vendors to harass each other on this forum.

Stay in your own threads and do not hijack each others threads by posting info that isn't requested. If this were a thread titled "Tell me a little something about all the fuel pumps out there" then I would expect to see each of you posting in it. This thread is clearly a question about "Air dog/Raptor" and any other Vendor need not enter into it.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dave@BD Power
Good answer
That is the only time that the pump makes a noticable noise which is very understandable. I couldnt imagine a pump that didnt make any noise when sucking air. I wouldnt trade my AD 150 for any other kit on the market, the pump is quiet, flows more than my truck needs, pretty easy install, and has a great filter and w/seperator. Plus I only pay $10.50 per filter vs $22 for the stocker. I know that BD makes great products but Pureflow specializes in this type of business.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can agree as far as reliability goes that the fass or Airdog would be more beneficial in the long run, the pump is a well know design used in fleet applications for a long time. The filtration will be much better for the motor and as I've stated too many times a lifetime warranty is a lifetime warranty, anybody willing to back their product to that standard is worth giving a shot. My pump has been on for almost a yr now and it has been flawless, I don't mind if it makes a little noise it gives me the fuel.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Appreciate you clearing that up. I will not intrude on others threads by any means.
My apologies to Airdog and the members of DTR for getting involved in this thread. I don's appreciate when this kind of hi jacking it happens to us, so can understand your frustrations.

Dave
Old 10-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

No problem. Good luck to you and your pumps.
Thanks, with all the problems with the OEM pumps there is room for all of us LOL
Old 10-22-2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by 2007 5.9
Not always true...there are some of us who have the Liberty Canister and still have 1/4 tank issues. The AD150 pulls too much fuel for the canister to keep up. If the return is dumped into the canister, then no problems.

Here is a link to so far 6 pages of discussion on this issue...

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=220183

Also, do you have a FP gauge??? If not, then I bet that if you put one on and get below 1/4 tank you too have FP issues that you just know about!!!
ditto, I'm surprised how many people have added new lift pumps that don't have a fuel presure gauge.

Quick Reply: Airdog/Raptor Long Term Reliability?