3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Airdog 150 Wiring Cleanup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can do that...nothing wrong with that set-up at all...the fuses are already there..when you run the factory wiring it is off the factory fuse...when you run the AD it is off the AD fuse by the battery..

you would still need to re-connect the fuel lines tho
Old 02-14-2008, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think i have that covered, i have that tapped 90* that u used for your FP, im gonna have a very good friend of mine(real good mechanic) drill and tap it to accept the GDP big line kit CP3 fitting, he is real slick at stuff like that, he might even be able to get me the right fittings so he dosent have to drill and tap!!
I just wont be able to get with him on this till Monday so thats why im askin so many question now!!
Thanks for the help 53!!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:23 PM

well since i pre-ordered the vulcan draw straw i now have two of them because ad now includes them in their kits

oh well, now i have an extra incase i cut too much off and i think i will use the leftover vulcan tank fitting for a fuel return to the tank. im hoping there will be enough room to add both to the tank.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bswope
53 thats what id like to do, since i already have the AD trigger wire(red) spliced to the factory power wire(orange with red tracer) just reconnect it to get power back to the factory pump, then in the red wire(AD trigger wire) splice in the rocker switch that will be in cab, power into the switch and power back out to the AD relay harness, so all im doin with the switch is breakin the current, and do the same thing with the factory wire(orange with red tracer) but splice the switch to the factory pump in after where the AD tigger wire is spliced to the factory wire. So now i have the ability to run both systems but at different times, dont wanna run both at the same time.
Or do ineed to put some inline fuses in the rocker switches somewhere?
Sorry if im bein a PITA about this but i got this idea in my head and now its one of those things where i have to see if i can do it, u know what i mean?
Why not get a switch where the trigger goes TO the switch, flipping it one way will take it to the relay for the AD, flipping it the other will connect it to the factory pump?
I think that switch is called a single throw, double pole switch?
Old 02-14-2008, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
Why not get a switch where the trigger goes TO the switch, flipping it one way will take it to the relay for the AD, flipping it the other will connect it to the factory pump?
I think that switch is called a single throw, double pole switch?
Fisherguy i had one of those in my hand the other day and was gonna use one like that but i thought i would be cool to have 2, i have one that is gonna be lit blue when the AD is in use and the other is lit red for when the factory system is in use!
Wish i could find one of those that was different colors on both sides of the switch!
I even found orange wire with red tracer stripe for the factory wire, and gonna use red for the AD wire, and got some real good weather proof connectors and shrink tape.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:42 PM

Yah, I used one for my back up lights, 1 way is on manual, the middle is off, the other way is on auto (as in when tranny is in reverse), no lights though.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:45 PM

Is that a Steelhead in your avatar Fisherguy?
Old 02-14-2008, 04:19 PM

Yah, from the Dean River, heard of it? One of the world's premier wild steelhead rivers.
Took my son there for his high school grad, choppered in and camped on the river, a camp that's set up by another fly fishing club. Turns out one of the 2 lodges on the upper river was looking for a guide and offered him a job for the following year. This will be his 3rd year there, unbelievable place if you can afford it, about $1000 per day.
Luckily "pops" gets a trip every year at a much reduced rate or I'd never be able to afford it.

Here's a link to the lodge:
http://www.lowerdean.com/

<EDIT>
Once the intro is done click "skip intro" for more links.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:33 PM

Man id love to go on a fishing trip like that but 1k per day....... WOW!
That is a good deal for your son, i bet he loves it!!
I go every year to Pusaki, NY for the salmon run, but really after the Steelies and Browns, but the salmon are fun to fight too! Have 2 Gloomis rods just for that trip, one fly and one spinning.
But that trip runs me about $400 at the most for 4 1/2 days!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:12 PM

Hey, cool, seen shows on TV of fishing for Atlantics and steelies back there. Have never caught a brown myself.
The Dean is all catch and release fly only. Most people use spey rods there, we have a couple each, it's so much better to fish, the fly's in the water so much more because there's no false casting; plus with the spey you don't need a whole lotta room behind you.
Yes, he loves the place. Most clients are well off Americans, doctors, lawyers, business men etc. He does well for tips too.
We only fly fish, belong to a club, here's the link.
http://www.ospreyflyfishers.com/
My name's Will, if you click on the "Osprey Flybox) I did many of the flies there.

Junior got a wild steelie today on a local river, hope to give it a go Sunday.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:11 PM

Man are those some BEAUTIFUL FISH they have up there!! Post some pics when ya go, maybe get a vid of one makein a run when u hook up! FISH ON Have a great time and good luck hookin up!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:23 PM

I've taken lotsa pics, send me your email and I'll send you some.
Good luck to you too (fishing I mean!)

Sorry to dreail this thread, lets get back to lift pumps!

Get my PM *****?
Old 02-14-2008, 07:43 PM

Ok back to lift pumps, i have a wiring diagram of my idea i made in paint but cant figure out how to get it on here? Help please!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy

Get my PM *****?
yes PM returned....
Old 02-14-2008, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bswope
Ok back to lift pumps, i have a wiring diagram of my idea i made in paint but cant figure out how to get it on here? Help please!
right click on it or go to file at the top left corner...save it to your computer and then use photobucket to upload it!!! easy

Quick Reply: Airdog 150 Wiring Cleanup?