3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Airdog 150 install problem... fyi

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:37 PM
j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airdog 150 install problem... fyi

started my install today, took the day off from work, had a friend come give me a hand.... all planned out. Even did the liberty canister mod. started running the fuel lines.... but wait, there's not enough hose in the kit!! *** i say.. so i recheck the lines to make sure there are no loops anywhere that maybe i didnt see cuz it runs on top of the fuel tank, and just maybe it got caught up on something, but nope. there is a tiny bit of slack in the return line i ran, so i double check that just to see if i cut it too long... nope.. NOT ENOUGH HOSE IN THE KIT is the only conclusion i can come up with. NOT enough by about 1 foot (10 to 12 inches) i mounted the unit outside the frame rail, but between the t-case and fuel tank, just like the instructions show... what gives. for the amount of money charged for this kit, you would think there would be "more than enough" hose to complete the job. So now i have a truck sitting in the driveway waiting for me to get a day off so i can go get the hose i need, all because THEY DIDN'T INCLUDE ENOUGH HOSE IN THE KIT!!... yes i'm ticked off, yes i'm venting, but still is it that much to ask for a complete kit with enough hose to complete the job as it is completed exactly as described in the instructions??.......... message to "PURE FLOW"-- add a couple feet more to the hose, god forbid there be "more than enough", heck i would have paid a few more $'s for the correct length.

I didn't have any problems with my FASS unit, in fact i still have the extra hose that came with that kit
Old 11-02-2008, 11:54 PM

That sucks. Hopefully you can scrounge some up around here.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:33 AM

I've done some long beds and mega cabs. None of them came up short on hose.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:30 AM

I had like 7 feet left over when we did my truck. Weird.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I had a lot left over when I did mine, too... Call AD. I know it sucks, but I'm sure that they'll send you some.

Any good auto parts store sells hose like that.

Take some pics of your install and post them...
Old 11-03-2008, 06:39 AM

I have always had left over hose in my kits. However, I always order the longest available. They usually ask what size the truck is, so there is a chance you had a kit for a regular cab truck.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
j

Well i'm sure they will make it right by sending hose, but i can wait that long, i need my truck. I would think there would be a set length of hose since the kits arent specific to model of truck, but who knows. either way i have to go buy some hose to get my truck working...
Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 AM

When I moved ther AD return to the canister (instead of to the filler neck) I didn't have enough either.

How'd the canister mod go work for you?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:54 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

I noticed you mentioned that you mounted the unit on the outside of the frame rails. That could be the missing length. I mounted mine on the inside of the frame just behind the t-case and had about 20" left over. Just a thought.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by jhenson
I noticed you mentioned that you mounted the unit on the outside of the frame rails. That could be the missing length. I mounted mine on the inside of the frame just behind the t-case and had about 20" left over. Just a thought.

That along with the fact that he used the canister mod might be the reason for the line being too short. This would mean that Pure Flow did supply the right amount of line and it was a "different" install then was expected.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:07 PM
j

Originally Posted by jhenson
mounting outside the framerail is one of the two recommended mounting locations in the directions. using the canister moves only one of the lines about a foot further back... still there should have been enough hose either way. All in all the install was straight forward, with the exception of the hose. I'm not unreasonable, i'm sure there is an explaination for this and more than likely no one even knew about the shortage of hose, or i'm sure it would have never shipped out. That being said though, it is very frustrating to spend that amount of money, and come up short on a couple $'s worth of hose. had i done the standard mounting the draw straw in the tank, there still may have barely been enough to make it work with no extra at all...

FISHERGUY---- liberty mod went off without a hitch, we'll see how it works when i finally get some hose and hook it all up. i'll throw some pics in when i get it all done.

NOTE FOR EVERYONE== if you have the means to remove the bed, remove the bed.. dropping the tank is quite the pain in the rear, even when empty. I didnt have the means to do so, but if i ever have to fix anything on top of the tank, it will be coming off..
Old 11-03-2008, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by j
NOTE FOR EVERYONE== if you have the means to remove the bed, remove the bed.. dropping the tank is quite the pain in the rear, even when empty. I didnt have the means to do so, but if i ever have to fix anything on top of the tank, it will be coming off..
No doubt....however...On CADASH's truck we tried to remove the bed (F250) and broke 2 torx bits on the first 2 bolts.....UGHHHH
Old 11-04-2008, 08:12 PM
j

finally got it working today after another $35 for some hose, man it's loud.... is this normal? i'll take pics and post them tomorrow
Old 11-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mine is quiet. Did you read the directions? It lists problems with the pump sounding loud, and possible soultions.

Quick Reply: Airdog 150 install problem... fyi