3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Airdog 150/ do I have problems or what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirDog
I believe I have caught up with all the emails. Let me know if I forgot anyone. I will do my best to answer all your questions. My numbers are listed above to reach me. Thanks
If you could, post a flow chart of your AD150 so people with the pump can make the best decision on what pressure to run based on the output volume at that pressure.

thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 09:46 PM
O.T

I will be returing my pump for either repairs or credit.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:33 PM

I have a question...

1. I currently have my AD150 plumbed with a Liberty Canister and returning fuel via filler neck as described in directions. When I am lower than 5/8 tank I begin to get fluctuations in fuel pressure. As I go lower in fuel level the fluctuations get greater and more often. When I get down to 1/4 tank or below there have been several instances where I have NO fuel pressure, motor never stumbles but gauge reads "0". I hear the pump get very loud until the pick-up gets fuel then pressure goes back up. I have read the threads on putting the return into the canister and keeping the cup full all the time, but had problems with a leaking bulkhead fitting and decided to go back to the filler neck.

My questions is when the fuel gets low and the pump starves for fuel, is this causing damage to the pump, and is PureFlow Tech. aware that there are MANY AD100's-150's that have this problem and people keep on driving with this???

2. Is there a "Official" fix for this from you guys???

3. Is there a way to stop the fuel from returning to the tank to keep the cup full? It seems that if the pump does not draw so much fuel and returns it then some if not all of the 1/4 tank issues that WE all have would be resolved.

Sorry for the long post, but had to ask the experts!!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by onetun
I will be returing my pump for either repairs or credit.

Maybe they will let us trade them in for the 250.....
Old 10-15-2008, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2007 5.9
I have a question...

1. I currently have my AD150 plumbed with a Liberty Canister and returning fuel via filler neck as described in directions. When I am lower than 5/8 tank I begin to get fluctuations in fuel pressure. As I go lower in fuel level the fluctuations get greater and more often. When I get down to 1/4 tank or below there have been several instances where I have NO fuel pressure, motor never stumbles but gauge reads "0". I hear the pump get very loud until the pick-up gets fuel then pressure goes back up. I have read the threads on putting the return into the canister and keeping the cup full all the time, but had problems with a leaking bulkhead fitting and decided to go back to the filler neck.

My questions is when the fuel gets low and the pump starves for fuel, is this causing damage to the pump, and is PureFlow Tech. aware that there are MANY AD100's-150's that have this problem and people keep on driving with this???

2. Is there a "Official" fix for this from you guys???

3. Is there a way to stop the fuel from returning to the tank to keep the cup full? It seems that if the pump does not draw so much fuel and returns it then some if not all of the 1/4 tank issues that WE all have would be resolved.

Sorry for the long post, but had to ask the experts!!
+1 on this.

My pump does OK until 1/3 tank and increasingly fluctuates as the tank empties. After 1/8 tank, I watch the fuel pressure gauge do a regular bounce & grind from 0 to 18 psi. Similar setup as 2007 5.9's above.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:01 PM
O.T

Originally Posted by chrleb1
Maybe they will let us trade them in for the 250.....
No kidding eh
Old 10-15-2008, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by onetun
No kidding eh
You put your truck on the dyno yet?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Banned

You put your truck on the dyno yet?
yes, that is when he found the problem. rob is trying for top dog again at bd on the 25th.... this is not gonna do him any good being 9 days away and inadequate fuel delivery.
i highly doubt its an install problem, if you have seen his truck and see the attention to detail that he puts into it, you KNOW its not an install issue.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 AM

My Raptor 150...1/2" straw and line to pump...1/2" line to OEM Fuel Housing...1/2" line to 2 Micron...1/2" line to tee to 3/8" line to each CP3...

Idle at 20 (so the darn pump is not so noisy...at 30-40 wow!)...I draw it down to 4-5 psi at susstained WOT.

I guess there is a reason for Opie's Mitusa...Nathan has bigger ones too.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:01 AM

Um....(2) 3/8" lines...one to EACH CP3.

3/8" line is .11 in^2 ...so two lines is .22 in^2.

1/2" line is .196 in^2.

So...tell me again what I did wrong?

Side note...I am not really sure how your response of "its the installer's fault" is really helping any of us? I might know a little more than you think about this subject.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by AirDog
Why have all that 1/2 inch line if your just going to cut it off right before it gets to the injection pump?
You need to stop criticizing peoples setups and understand that some people do know what they are doing and think it out pretty well. Either that, or take the time to understand things.

Sometimes it's not always the install. It could be that the 150 can't support 1000 rwhp on fuel only.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
yes, that is when he found the problem. rob is trying for top dog again at bd on the 25th.... this is not gonna do him any good being 9 days away and inadequate fuel delivery.
i highly doubt its an install problem, if you have seen his truck and see the attention to detail that he puts into it, you KNOW its not an install issue.

I know, that is when i found mine also. His setup it kinda similar to mine. His big turbo is the same as mine, except my small turbo is a little smaller. I was just curious what has happened with his though or if he had tossed it on the rollers. I just got mine on last week.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:30 PM
O.T

I know, that is when i found mine also. His setup it kinda similar to mine. His big turbo is the same as mine, except my small turbo is a little smaller. I was just curious what has happened with his though or if he had tossed it on the rollers. I just got mine on last week.
Erik, some confusion on Dodgezilla's part. I have not dynoed and was only preparing on the street.

My plan for next week have been cancelled and will go to the event as a spectator.

I have ordered a Mitusa.

Quick Reply: Airdog 150/ do I have problems or what?