3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

airdog 100 installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airdog 100 installation

well i got my airdog 100, gonna install it this weekend with some help. Ive read over the intstructions and seems pretty self explanatory. Is there any advice i could use? Also which connections need the thread sealer? I dont need the factory fuel filter and pump at all do I if i put the return to the filler neck?
thanks
Old 01-07-2009, 01:50 PM

Which truck are you putting it on?
Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Sorry the 03
Old 01-07-2009, 03:34 PM

The '03 should be a really easy install.

Before you go and take your old system apart, make sure all of the connectors and fittings in the kit are correct for your truck. The first install kit I received had the wrong fittings in it. If I hadn't checked, I would have been without the truck for a week. Also verify that you understand and agree with how the bracket mounts to your frame. I modified my bracket so I could tuck the pump up higher on the frame, whereas others have modded the brackets to orient the pump differently, and some have even made rock guards to shield the filters while off-road.

Make sure that you keep the hoses away from any sharp corners or edges.

The other thing is to have an extra filter with you in the truck at all times, just in case.

One of the better quality items out there, and I'm happy with mine. I've got about 10K on mine, and it's just loud enough that you can hear it with the engine off.

garrett
Old 01-07-2009, 04:18 PM

Sorry to butt in on your thread but is there a cross reference # or a way to get a replacement filter at a local auto parts store? Also, does everyone still change their filter often or do you only need to change it when the warning low pressure light comes on?
Old 01-07-2009, 04:44 PM

Fleetguard FF5613, sold at Diesel Manor or your local Cummins dealer. There is no auto parts store filter that I'm aware of that will fit and work properly.

Keep one on hand, just in case.

garrett
Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM

i did read in a thread somewhere that your local case IH dealer could get the fleetguard, but dont recall the number. But i dont have a local dealer.

Trending Topics

Old 01-07-2009, 06:00 PM

i seen a low pressure light mentioned, does the airdog come with it? i didnt see it with mine or even know it was an option.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:26 PM

check to see were your oe lift pump is next (to filter or in tank?) thats your first move before getting to far. if its in tank the install just got a little more complicated..
Old 01-08-2009, 08:30 AM

its next to the filter, anything on the low pressure light that i didnt know was an option?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by hoffdog
its next to the filter, anything on the low pressure light that i didnt know was an option?
You can use the idiot light but a fuel pressure gauge woul be better.
Good luck with the install, it's a little tricky getting the draw straw length just right (if you're going that route).
Old 01-08-2009, 11:53 AM

ya i got the 100 so i wouldnt have to do the whole draw straw nightmare.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:25 PM

Pure Flow sells a Hobbs switch that mounts on the pump housing of the AirDog - it will tell you if the fuel pressure is below 5 or 6 psi - it is an option - call the company they will be glad to hook you up - about $50 I think.

As long as the mounting bracket works for you without modification - installation is straight forward - it helps to have a lift and a skinny guy to reach between the rear wheel and fuel tank to disconnect / connect the fuel line. Do tape/coat every threaded connection - if possible heat some water and soak your fuel line ends to ease inserting the metal connectors - what ever your estimate of time is; double it and you should not have any problems...
Old 01-08-2009, 12:38 PM

well ill have a lift so i think that will help, on an 03 everything bypasses the stock filter and pump housing right?

Quick Reply: airdog 100 installation