3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Air Intake System - My Solution

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Intake System - My Solution

Thank you to all those who offered advice to my earlier question about improving air flow in my 2005 CTD with the intent to lower EGT's.

After consulting with my dealership and Cummins Western Canada to ensure that I wasn't going to void my warrenty, and with a brake and muffler shop and my local diesel service company to determine my local options, I puchased an AFE System 2 air intake system and an AFE Cat-Back exhaust system. The latter purchase being based on advice received here and from my doctor who said that if I wanted to suck air at one end, I'd better be able to pass gas at the other.

Needless to say mucho moola changed hands with my wallet now being considerably thinner, but if it works, it will be worth it. We've got a late April trip south planned that will take us over some nasty grades at elevations where they shouldn't even build roads (e.g. Raton Pass and the InterState west of Denver) so that should be the test that tells the story. I'll let you know how it all works.

Cheers,

Dave