3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

aFe Magnum Force Stage II + Installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
aFe Magnum Force Stage II + Installed

I finished installing the AFE Magnum Force Stage II air intake and Torque Tube with standard filter and pre-filter.

Had the issue of the hood not closing properly on the air intake side. This is because of the noise blanket installed on the 2004.5 CTD HO 325/600 engines. I had three options. One take it back. Two grind down enough of the top edge of aFe air box. Three cut slots in noise blanket for air box with seal. I chose to cut out the noise blanket. This way I have an unmodified aFe system in case I change and want to sell.

I installed the system. Then put layer of powder on top edge of seal. Closed hood, this marked the noise blanket with powder of the area that needed to be cut out. Cut it out with razor, taped the areas that were actual fibers with good old DUCT TAPE. Hood closes normally and not higher on right side.

As far as EGT reduction goes there is not much if any change on the high side. WOT to 90 will still hit a little over 1300. I have noticed that the cool down to just over 300 is much faster, not quiet sure why. I do have the pre-filter on. I will remove the pre-filter and see if any different.

As far as turbo noise goes I can't really tell much difference. Does not seem much louder. I believe this is do to the noise blanket.

As far performance goes it's hard to tell. It does spool quicker, both from standing start and upper speeds. Seems to accelerate smoother through shifting gears.

Sucks filter minder down to about 60% first WOT.

Pic of system. Noise Blanket pic at http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines....ude/162614.jpg
Old 09-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Nice thanks for the pic and info............I think this is what My lil woman is getting for Christmas this year, along with a few other bombs for her truck I figger if I get them for her than she HAS to let me put them on...................see the bottom of my sig

Cheers, Kevin
Old 09-18-2004, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whitmore,

These are all performance mods to improve fuel milage. Lil Women can not resist saving money to use for those "sales".
Old 09-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes.....that will be the selling point, how much and where to get??? PM me with details

Cheers, Kevin