3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Adding Dual Tailpipes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding Dual Tailpipes?

Anybody ever added Dual Tailpipes to their single tailpipe system? I can't seem to find anybody in the Flint MI area that can custom bend 4" pipe. I know it does nothing for performance but I just like the way it looks and hate to buy a whole new system just for the "look".
Old 03-23-2011, 10:31 AM

Adding Dual Tailpipes?-exhaust.jpg

This is what I have done with my exhaust, I have changed it around a few times. I like it... I have a few more pictures with another pattern I was using.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You will be way farther ahead to buy an 04.5 and up dual system. I have the MBRP cool duals and the muffler and passenger side tail pipe are different than the regular single tail system. Nothing interchanges between the single and the dual system from the muffler back. 4" tubing pretty much has to be mandrel bent. It is very unlikely that you will find any kind of exhaust shop capable of doing this because of the associated cost of that kind of machinery. I can't speak for the other dual kits but I can tell you the fit and quality of the MBRP cool duals is 2nd to none.

I see you have "bags" listed in your sig. The only downside is that the drivers side tail will be in the way of most helper airbag kits I have seen. Firestone ride rites, Airlift Superduty and Pacbrake bags all won't clear the drivers side tail pipe assembly. Even if you were able to mod the tail pipe, there just isn't much room at all to get a 4" tube up, over the axle and across to the drivers side. Even a rear sway bar is tight. I would not recommend dual tails if you have bags that fit in the common 3rd gen location.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:40 AM

Thanks CTD_NUT, my bags are actually bigger than all of those, I went with airbagit and they are huge in comparison. That is why the tailpipe is off currently... may need a "little" massage work to even make it fit. That is the reason I was trying to find a custom bending shop. May just need to make what I have work for now.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:42 AM

Adding Dual Tailpipes?-exhaust-2.jpg

4", added a few 45's and made it work. total cost 200.00
Old 03-23-2011, 10:53 AM

Thanks browndg, you are giving more to think about. Don't relish the idea of losing the spare but you just can't have everything I guess. Seeing your shocks I will say you have some "added" clearance that I don't have but you still have made my mind start processing.