3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

AD or FASS

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
David...and others....respectfully i have a few things that need my attention tonight or I will be here until 11PM! haha....SO i will get you an answer as soon as i gather enough thoughts and mins to bang out something coherent on this over worked keyboard.....
By all means. Whenever you get a chance.

Thanks,

David
Old 10-19-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bump.........
Old 10-19-2008, 03:14 PM

I am wanting to get either a fass or airdog 150 but I was wondering if I can just hook it up to my tank without the drawstraw since I have the stock lp on the motor. thanks
Old 10-19-2008, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No in order to support the fuel needed the 150 pump must have a bigger drawstraw installed. If you go with a 100 you can retain stock intank parts.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:41 PM

Question for Jim or Dan (Fass)- Any way to quiet down my pump? We couldn't use the rubber spacer because the bolts are to small. I need to pick up some longer bolts but I don't think even with the rubber isolator the pump will be that quiet.
I can here it over the truck while running and straight piped.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Joel
Old 10-20-2008, 12:09 PM

Ahemmm ............

Originally Posted by TriSum
Since all of the manufacturers are paying attention.....

I still did not get a response about the original question.

Is there any proof of a mileage gain from either of your systems due to removing the air from the fuel.

I'm not trying to be a ***** head, but you both list this on the front page of your website.

AirDog

"All diesel engines need a 'State of the Art' fuel filtration delivery system!

The solution is Fuel Preporator® - the only filtration delivery system that separates air from the fuel , as well as water and particulates, and maintains the proper pressure flow to the transfer pump, eliminating cavitation and vapor. Fuel Preporator® significantly improves diesel engine performance and is approved for sale and use in California by CARB.

Fuel Preporator's effectiveness has been proven over millions of truck miles and verified by EPA & CARB Certified Olsen Ecological Laboratory testing under ISO 8178 8 Mode Test criterion. Discover how patented Fuel Preporator® technology can deliver for you:

Increase fuel economy Extend fuel filter life
Increase torque output Enjoy a quieter engine
Improve throttle response Enjoy a smoother idle
Reduce exhaust emissions Optimize engine performance"

FASS

"Benefits of FASS
FASS Stands for Fuel Air Separation System

* Removes AIR / Vapor from Your Fuel
* Consistent Flow of Fuel
* Reliable High Volume Pumps
* Increase Horse Power
* Increase Torque
* Increase Fuel Economy
* Reduces Carbon Monoxide & Carbon Dioxide
* Lifetime Warranty* on Most Applications
* 13,000 - 15,000 Hour Life Expectancy
* That Equates to 500,000 Plus Miles
* Up to 200 GPH
* 160 Maximum PSI
* Motor Has Up to 406 OZ Inches of Stall Torque
* Interchangeable Filters"
Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by AirDog
As Dan stated on his side. 0 mpg GUARANTEE!! Usually you will see some. My personal experience on my stock truck. I gained 1.5 mpg. As we all know, results on these trucks vary tremendously. You can do the same thing to 3 trucks and none of them will run the same.
The HP increase is usually 10-20 HP. Much better throttle response and a much smoother running feel to the truck. Our class 8 unit is brand new and we just released it. We had fleets do our testing for us. The MINIMUM that was shown throughout all the trucks was a 5% increase. Some had 12-15%. They averaged an 8-10%. These systems are selling very well.
Now you got the scoop from both places.
Thank you for your reply. I do appreciate it.

Would you mind commenting on the method in which you remove the air from the system and why you think your way is superior.

David
Old 10-22-2008, 08:48 AM
DTR Advertiser

Originally Posted by jsf350
Question for Jim or Dan (Fass)- Any way to quiet down my pump? We couldn't use the rubber spacer because the bolts are to small. I need to pick up some longer bolts but I don't think even with the rubber isolator the pump will be that quiet.
I can here it over the truck while running and straight piped.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Joel
Sent you a PM Joel.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:20 AM

I have a Fass/Airdog question, since they are both being represented here.

How do the systems work in very cold weather, being that they both have filters with large surface area mounted out in the open under the truck, exposed to the elements? i'm talking -40 northern alberta cold, not usa cold. is there a problem with fuel gelling? i use winter fuel treatment, but am slightly concerned about the filters being covered in sno and the cold fuel plugging off the filters. Thanks in advance
Old 10-22-2008, 05:47 PM

Hang in there with me guys...every ounce of free time (and work time) this week has been diverted to this race truck of ours. Its getting close to SEMA and things are...well you have seen the TV shows about project vehicles and how they always come together at the last possible min......we are no different! I taking a quick brake from behind the welding helmet to type this....so...im back to work.....BUT I will respond.....stay tuned.....

Pics our out-dated some...but this is what we are working on now if any are interested: http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4156
Old 10-24-2008, 09:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe a Super Dog - then it'd be the same size.

Quick Reply: AD or FASS