3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

AD or FASS

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirDog
Oh so now its 2 on 1 huh? Welcome Jim. These guys on the net can keep you busy all day long!! Its almost a full time job.
NO, NO! Its not like that! More or less Dan can now take a day off every now and then! haha.....
Old 10-16-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm happy to see both sides on here helping out. This is exactly what we all need. Please keep it up like this! Good job guys.

Rick
Old 10-16-2008, 07:04 PM

I dont Know anything about airdog,but I have a had a fass for four years,and over 300k miles.It is just the pump,without the filters.It always ran about 11-12 pound of preasure,so I called dan,cause I wanted more.Dan sent me a brand new one,altho he sent me the 95 instead of the 150 by mistake,He talked me into trying the 95,and I like it ,16 pounds at idle,12 at wot .All it cost me was 12 buck for shipping,cant beat that for service,thanks dan!!I am sure wichever one you go with ,airdog or fass,you will be pleased!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:48 AM

Thanks for the information guys. I'm going to put in one of the pumps and put the stock lift pump problems behind me.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by AirDog
We just do our jobs our best for the company that pays our bills. Nothing personal involved. Dans a class act and is very good at what he does.
I graciously thank you for your complements and bounce them right back in your direction!

Anthony and I (and now Jim) are in tough positions here. We have each a product that we feel passionate about that is funding our means for a living as aforementioned. While we might not agree on many points about each others units, we can come to the end of the day knowing that we both did our jobs to the best of our abilities.

We all know that when FASS and AirDog is mentioned in the same sentence, there is a one ton gorilla in the room. BUT Anthony and I have come to a mutual understanding that it’s nothing personal (between us at least) and we will choose to keep everything on our ends related to factual product support. I would actually look forward to meeting the man to share an adult beverage of choice and talk diesel's…..cuz bottom line, that is what it’s all about. Forwarding the diesel performance market to make it as successful as it can be. AND maybe make a few friends along the way!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
I graciously thank you for your complements and bounce them right back in your direction!

Anthony and I (and now Jim) are in tough positions here. We have each a product that we feel passionate about that is funding our means for a living as aforementioned. While we might not agree on many points about each others units, but we can come to the end of the day knowing that we both did our jobs to the best of our abilities.

We all know that when FASS and AirDog is mentioned in the same sentence, there is a one ton gorilla in the room. BUT Anthony and I have come to a mutual understanding that it’s nothing personal (between us at least) and we will choose to keep everything on our ends related to factual product support. I would actually look forward to meeting the man to share an adult beverage of choice and talk diesel's…..cuz bottom line, that is what it’s all about. Forwarding the diesel performance market to make it as successful as it can be. AND maybe make a few friends along the way!
I'm gonna cry ....... Well said.

David
Old 10-17-2008, 01:07 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Being a advertiser I thought I would throw our new lift pump into the mix here. It is 165gph and the quietest out there. You almost have to have your hand on it to know it is running.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:43 PM

Since all of the manufacturers are paying attention.....

I still did not get a response about the original question.

Is there any proof of a mileage gain from either of your systems due to removing the air from the fuel.

I'm not trying to be a ***** head, but you both list this on the front page of your website.

AirDog

"All diesel engines need a 'State of the Art' fuel filtration delivery system!

The solution is Fuel Preporator® - the only filtration delivery system that separates air from the fuel , as well as water and particulates, and maintains the proper pressure flow to the transfer pump, eliminating cavitation and vapor. Fuel Preporator® significantly improves diesel engine performance and is approved for sale and use in California by CARB.

Fuel Preporator's effectiveness has been proven over millions of truck miles and verified by EPA & CARB Certified Olsen Ecological Laboratory testing under ISO 8178 8 Mode Test criterion. Discover how patented Fuel Preporator® technology can deliver for you:

Increase fuel economy Extend fuel filter life
Increase torque output Enjoy a quieter engine
Improve throttle response Enjoy a smoother idle
Reduce exhaust emissions Optimize engine performance"

FASS

"Benefits of FASS
FASS Stands for Fuel Air Separation System

* Removes AIR / Vapor from Your Fuel
* Consistent Flow of Fuel
* Reliable High Volume Pumps
* Increase Horse Power
* Increase Torque
* Increase Fuel Economy
* Reduces Carbon Monoxide & Carbon Dioxide
* Lifetime Warranty* on Most Applications
* 13,000 - 15,000 Hour Life Expectancy
* That Equates to 500,000 Plus Miles
* Up to 200 GPH
* 160 Maximum PSI
* Motor Has Up to 406 OZ Inches of Stall Torque
* Interchangeable Filters"
Old 10-17-2008, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by TriSum
Since all of the manufacturers are paying attention.....

I still did not get a response about the original question.

Is there any proof of a mileage gain from either of your systems due to removing the air from the fuel.

FASS

"Benefits of FASS
FASS Stands for Fuel Air Separation System

* Removes AIR / Vapor from Your Fuel
* Consistent Flow of Fuel
* Reliable High Volume Pumps
* Increase Horse Power
* Increase Torque
* Increase Fuel Economy
* Reduces Carbon Monoxide & Carbon Dioxide
* Lifetime Warranty* on Most Applications
* 13,000 - 15,000 Hour Life Expectancy
* That Equates to 500,000 Plus Miles
* Up to 200 GPH
* 160 Maximum PSI
* Motor Has Up to 406 OZ Inches of Stall Torque
* Interchangeable Filters"
Ill take it from my camp i guess.....

We guaranty 0 MPG gain. Too many different driving styles out there.

BUT we have seen where folks have been cautious on how much fuel they were dumping in with the right foot, we have seen upwards of 0.5-3 MPG. HP increases in the range of 5-15 HP on the light duty diesels. On the Class 8’s, a solid 0.4-0.8 MPG and gain about a half a gear to gear in the hills. We are currently working on fuel mileage reports from some fleets we had do some testing. Im sure they will be posted on our site as soon as they are available. Also along with some Ford and Dodge feed back reports as well.

NOW say you have a heavy foot……you prob wont see a thing mileage wise with our kits. BUT that is where the excess volume of our pumps comes into play and supports fueling boxes, large injectors, and such.

BUT im getting more into the selling aspect and would rather stay into more of the troubleshooting side of it…as that is my area of expertise.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
Ill take it from my camp i guess.....

We guaranty 0 MPG gain. Too many different driving styles out there.

BUT we have seen where folks have been cautious on how much fuel they were dumping in with the right foot, we have seen upwards of 0.5-3 MPG. HP increases in the range of 5-15 HP on the light duty diesels. On the Class 8’s, a solid 0.4-0.8 MPG and gain about a half a gear to gear in the hills. We are currently working on fuel mileage reports from some fleets we had do some testing. Im sure they will be posted on our site as soon as they are available. Also along with some Ford and Dodge feed back reports as well.

NOW say you have a heavy foot……you prob wont see a thing mileage wise with our kits. BUT that is where the excess volume of our pumps comes into play and supports fueling boxes, large injectors, and such.

BUT im getting more into the selling aspect and would rather stay into more of the troubleshooting side of it…as that is my area of expertise.
Thank you for answering my question.

Myself, being a Hotshot driver and putting 5-10K miles a month on my truck. I'm VERY aware of how my right foot acts and the consequences of it acting foolishly.

Now, you stated in one of the above posts that yourself, (FASS) and AirDog accomplish your end result (removing the air and filtering the fuel), in different ways. Can you elaborate on this and explain why you feel your method is better.

Thanks for your time.

David
Old 10-17-2008, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by TriSum
Thank you for answering my question.

Myself, being a Hotshot driver and putting 5-10K miles a month on my truck. I'm VERY aware of how my right foot acts and the consequences of it acting foolishly.

Now, you stated in one of the above posts that yourself, (FASS) and AirDog accomplish your end result (removing the air and filtering the fuel), in different ways. Can you elaborate on this and explain why you feel your method is better.

Thanks for your time.

David
David...and others....respectfully i have a few things that need my attention tonight or I will be here until 11PM! haha....SO i will get you an answer as soon as i gather enough thoughts and mins to bang out something coherent on this over worked keyboard.....
Old 10-17-2008, 04:59 PM

Sometimes the biggest gains can be had on a truck that had a marginal lift pump to begin with. If your stocker was in good shape and keeping up with demand, you may see no change. If you experienced starting issues, loss of pressure, unexplained mileage drops, etc..., then it's possible for you to see big gains.

I just wish I could have kept my inline fuel heater functional with my AirDog.

garrett

Quick Reply: AD or FASS